GP100 Front sight swap?

PDA

jeepman77cj5
December 17, 2006, 05:36 AM
Howdy y'all. Has anyone swapped out the front sight on their GP100? I purchased and have waiting for me the rubber gribs they sell on their website (Hogue Tamer Monogrip as on the Alaskan) and the red insert front sight. I'm wondering if it's something I can do myself or (more than likely) something for my local gunsmith to do. This of course after I receive the gun from my FFL co-worker. I know....got ahead of myself, but what can I say I fell in love with the gun once I saw a picture of it on TFL with that same grip.

If you enjoyed reading about "GP100 Front sight swap?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DWARREN123
December 17, 2006, 06:21 AM
If the adjustable sight model there is a pin in the front of the barrel just above the bore, push in and lift the front sight off. If a fixed sight model I think they are held on by a roll pin.

Tom C.
December 17, 2006, 11:51 AM
The GP100 takes the same front sight as the Redhawk and Super Redhawk. I swapped out my GP100 front sight with a Redhawk sight. It was higher than the GP100 sight.

If you enjoyed reading about "GP100 Front sight swap?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!