Carry holster for Sig P232 - what is most comfortable?

PDA

FourTeeFive
December 18, 2006, 10:22 AM
I've tried Thunderwear with the P232. Uncomfortable and the barrel is always pushing at my pants a bit. I don't want some people to think I like them THAT much. ;)

Any suggestions for a behind the back or side holster for the P232? I've got a Milt Sparks range holster for my Kimber but never tried one of their IWB types.

My main issues are being comfortable when sitting/driving and also not "showing" under a thin shirt.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Carry holster for Sig P232 - what is most comfortable?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GunNut
December 18, 2006, 11:34 AM
My main issues are being comfortable when sitting/driving and also not "showing" under a thin shirt.

As sad as it is to say, remember that a gun is supposed to be comforting not comfortable.

I would try a clip on IWB holster, something like a Bianchi 100 or the like. From my experience, most people don't have a clue that you are wearing a smallish sized gun, they just write it off as a PDA/Cell Phone.

I regularly carry my Glock 26 iwb and have carried a Glock 30 without anyone in my office noticing.

Steve

usp9
December 18, 2006, 12:39 PM
I use a Galco Fletch holster, worn at 4:00. When combined with a good wide belt this is a very confortable rig. The P232 is already light and the Fletch spreads the weight out well. If riding in a car with contour seats it could be noticable...I drive a minivan with normal seats and the Fletch isn't noticable to me...doesn't poke or dig in anywhere. The Fletch rides high above my right rear pocket so I can retrieve my wallet without revealing. I recommend it.:)

I tried a cheap Biancchi IWB clip, but the holster is kind of crappy in it's own right. Hard to clip on pants and belt and very hard to holster as there is nothing to hold the holster open at all.:barf:

These are the only two I've used personally wth the P232.

GunNut
December 18, 2006, 12:42 PM
usp9,

The bianchi that i have seem to work well, maybe you were using a different one.

My point was to use a holster that is somewhat stiff w/a clip. It makes on and off easier. I would recommend the comp-tac pro-undercover, but i'm not sure if they make one for the p232.

Here is the holster that i have been using for my Glock 26.

sTeve

http://www.copsplus.com/products/large/100.jpg

usp9
December 18, 2006, 01:29 PM
usp9,

The bianchi that i have seem to work well, maybe you were using a different one.

My point was to use a holster that is somewhat stiff w/a clip. It makes on and off easier. I would recommend the comp-tac pro-undercover, but i'm not sure if they make one for the p232.

Here is the holster that i have been using for my Glock 26.

sTeve

The Bianchi you show is a different holster. The one I refered to is one of the soft suede models. No slam on Bianchi, they make some fine gun leather.

If you enjoyed reading about "Carry holster for Sig P232 - what is most comfortable?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!