Should your gun rights be penalized because of the actions of violent felons?

PDA

thegriz
December 18, 2006, 12:24 PM
This poll is in response to a poll in another tread worded in way that skews results in favor of the poll maker's opinion. His poll was posted in response to another thread in which his opinion was way in the minority.

If you enjoyed reading about "Should your gun rights be penalized because of the actions of violent felons?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ExtremeDooty
December 18, 2006, 12:51 PM
If anything, my gun rights should be expanded (as in not infringed upon) because of the actions of violent felons.

Fosbery
December 18, 2006, 12:52 PM
Um....my gun rights should never be infringed...

Am I missing something?

SolaScriptura139
December 18, 2006, 01:12 PM
Pooper Scooper, I read the poll wrong and voted yes. I thought it was about violent felons getting their rights penalized. My rights should never be penalized because of the actions of another.

TallPine
December 18, 2006, 01:30 PM
Proof that how you ask a question determines the answer ;)

ronto
December 18, 2006, 01:53 PM
Why would any rational individual answer "Yes" or "I don't have a clue"?

Rem700SD
December 18, 2006, 01:54 PM
The dangerous truth in all of this is that violent PEOPLE, felons or not, actually do not need a gun to be violent criminals. The point is moot. A pipe wrench will do.

The goal should be not in keeping guns away from violent criminals, but in keeping said persons away from the rest of the planet.

Dan

SolaScriptura139
December 18, 2006, 01:57 PM
Why would any rational individual answer "Yes" or "I don't have a clue"?

If you read the question wrong. :banghead:

I agree though, why would anyone who read the question right be willing to give up their rights because of someone else's actions? It would be like suspending one person's right to free speech because someone else said something harmful or said something that caused a riot.

carterbeauford
December 18, 2006, 02:00 PM
This is going to be right up there with "do you agree with the Brady Bunch"

Justin
December 18, 2006, 02:07 PM
Closed on account of being silly.

If you enjoyed reading about "Should your gun rights be penalized because of the actions of violent felons?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!