EAA .38 Super Capacity

PDA

bowfin
December 18, 2006, 03:37 PM
I am doing a little research on the full sized steel EAA Witness chambered for the .38 Super (last minute or late Christmas present).

Anyhow, I have seen the Model number 999151 as having an 18+1 round capacity on some websites, and also as having only a 10+1 round capacity on other listings.

My guess is that the 10+1 might only be a matter of those pistols manufactured prior to the sunset of the Assault weapons ban, and that it is merely a matter of the magazine shipped with the gun. However, I have been known to have guessed wrong before, so if someone has a definitive and authoritative answer, I would be in their debt if they could share it with me.

Thanks in advance...

If you enjoyed reading about "EAA .38 Super Capacity" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
browningguy
December 18, 2006, 05:14 PM
18 rounds is the new full size frames. I believe the older guns used 10 round buring the AWB, or 16 rounds for pre-ban. I've got an older 16 round 9mm, and right after I got mine the mag ban was introduced and they shipped with 10 rounds.

My new .40 is the large frame and holds 15 rounds, I don't think the mags are interchangeable since they changed the frame size, but I could be wrong. Reeds Ammo is a poster here and should be able to tell you if you can't get http://www.eaacorp.com to answer the question.

If you enjoyed reading about "EAA .38 Super Capacity" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!