Too Bad There Isnt More Of These

PDA

Saturnine
December 19, 2006, 11:59 AM
http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1141036459/Gun_Commercial

I wonder if this was ever aired, and if it was, how long it took before the antis got it pulled. Has anyone ever seen a commercial for a gun? I dont think I ever have. It might help swing the public opinion on firearms if there were more commercials like these.

Sorry if this isnt political enough, I found this and thought it was cool, and didnt know where else to put it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Too Bad There Isnt More Of These" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
50caliber123
December 19, 2006, 12:03 PM
that is way too funny! Especially the free rock w/ every purchase. "NOT A TOY"

armoredman
December 19, 2006, 12:03 PM
I don't believe that was an actual commercial...but dadgum funny.

crazed_ss
December 19, 2006, 12:13 PM
It's funny.. I think it's a real commercial too.. but I dont think it puts gun ownership in a good light. Indiscrimate Full-auto fire from the hip at a target that hasnt even been identified isnt very responsible IMO.

CrazySpyder69
December 19, 2006, 12:46 PM
You have never seen a gun commercial???? I guess you havent watched hunting shows on saturday morning. I think every commercial is a gun or ammo commercial.

Zundfolge
December 19, 2006, 12:53 PM
It IS a real commercial for a gun shop in SLC Utah called "Totally Awesome Guns and range" they were an offshoot of a chain of stores called "Totally Awesome Computers" ... I believe both are now out of business.

Its been posted several times and I recall a couple of times it was posted one of the shops patrons posted to complain that they didn't get their free rock :p

There's even a Wikipedia entry on the place's owner http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_Schanze

oobray
December 19, 2006, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, this is my first post. I heard about this forum from 1911forum. Anyway, I hope that commecerials like this don't get on mainstream TV. It makes gun owners look like vigilantes out to shoot people with automatic weapons. It makes us all look horrible.

ConstitutionCowboy
December 19, 2006, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, this is my first post. I heard about this forum from 1911forum. Anyway, I hope that commecerials like this don't get on mainstream TV. It makes gun owners look like vigilantes out to shoot people with automatic weapons. It makes us all look horrible.

First, welcome aboard!

Second, it portrayed self defense, not vigilantism. Learn the difference and you, too, can correct the "public" when they get it wrong. And, if anything, it showed taking responsibility for one's own well being. As for automatic weapons, they, too, are effective self defense tools.

Woody

Look at your rights and freedoms as what would be required to survive and be free as if there were no government. Governments come and go, but your rights live on. If you wish to survive government, you must protect with jealous resolve all the powers that come with your rights - especially with the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Without the power of those arms, you will perish with that government - or at its hand. B.E. Wood

SMMAssociates
December 19, 2006, 03:46 PM
oobray:

Woody beat me to it :what: ....

I really would have preferred a shotgun or visibly a semi-auto (long gun or handgun), but it's a good ad.

Locally we've been seeing ads for CHL education that are clearly "gun oriented". I'd love to see more "guns for sale" ads. Take what we can get I guess. (The same shop that does the CHL ads does newspaper ads.)

Someday....

Welcome to the board, too. I'm not a frequent flyer, but I'm also not reticent :eek: . Nice group.

Regards,

If you enjoyed reading about "Too Bad There Isnt More Of These" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!