I just joined the NRA

PDA

armedpolak
December 19, 2006, 12:30 PM
Well, my friend whom I personally got into guns joined recently and sent me a link today. So I clicked, typed in, and clicked again.

I'm now a happy member of the NRA, and subscriber to America's First Freedom and American Rifleman... for 1 year. Once I put some money aside, it will be lifetime membership. For now, more guns :evil:

Love yaa all!

If you enjoyed reading about "I just joined the NRA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Justin
December 19, 2006, 12:39 PM
Glad to hear it. Every gun owner should be a member of at least the NRA.

Jim K
December 19, 2006, 01:44 PM
Welcome to the NRA. Without downrating the constructive role other pro-gun groups play, for political purposes the NRA is the only game in town, the only group with enough "on record" members to impress the politicians.

Plus they have a number of member benefits, including the magazines.

I agree fully that all gun owners should belong to the NRA. And avoid fake, false pretenses groups like the ASHA and "Sportmen for" whatever anti-gun type is running for office.

Jim

USSR
December 19, 2006, 02:08 PM
Congrat's, and welcome.

Don

Brad Johnson
December 19, 2006, 02:16 PM
Welcome! Now give a membership or five as a Christmas gift. They make great stocking stuffers!

Brad

Juna
December 19, 2006, 02:20 PM
Welcome! I did the same not too long ago. They have a lot of benefits, too, as you'll soon see. Congrats!

El Tejon
December 19, 2006, 02:39 PM
Welcome fellow member.:)

The more the merrier.

JohnBT
December 19, 2006, 02:57 PM
Congratulations and thank you.

John
Who just sent them some money too.

hossdaniels
December 19, 2006, 07:04 PM
Hey I just joined too. Started my own thread before I saw this one. Oh well. I keep hearing talk about hillary might be going in, figured the boys could use a little support.

Ramon67
December 19, 2006, 07:32 PM
The NRA is a blessed organization. Without it, we would have lost our guns ages ago. :D

RockyMtnTactical
December 19, 2006, 08:56 PM
I wish moe gunowners would join up. The more people to join the NRA, the more weight they have to throw around in Washington.

Shanghai McCoy
December 19, 2006, 10:43 PM
WELCOME to all the new members!

Wesson Smith
December 19, 2006, 10:58 PM
Welcome! Now give a membership or five as a Christmas gift. They make great stocking stuffers!

Did that with my sister and my nephew. My sis could care less, but at least she's on the log. As for my nephew, he'll be thrilled. I've taught him the ins-and-outs and we shoot together on a semi-regular basis. He's 18, and plans to go into LE. Hell, I'm thinking about signing my Mom up for a 1 yr membership. :) The NRA is truly our last civilian advocate group for self-defense.

grizz
December 19, 2006, 11:01 PM
Among other goodies, my Dad signed me up into the NRA for x-mas. I got a nice green range bag and black NRA sweatshirt with the membership.

capbuster
December 19, 2006, 11:05 PM
You did good!!!!!! Take care.

45-90 Shooter
December 19, 2006, 11:26 PM
Welcome :)

12GA00buck
December 20, 2006, 12:33 AM
Glad to hear it, I just renewed my membership the other day too. American Rifleman is an good read. I especialy like the monthly or bi-monthly reports of self defense cases around the country.

Happy Holidays

straightShot
December 20, 2006, 06:46 AM
Welcome.

I wish that we had 10 million members, but we'll get there one person at a time. Which magazine did you sign up for?

'Card
December 20, 2006, 07:30 AM
Welcome to the NRA!

Now, go buy your mailman a back brace. And some Advil. And a gift certificate to a chiropractor. Trust me, the poor guy has no idea what's about to hit him. :cool:

JoeHatley
December 20, 2006, 11:04 AM
Good for you!!! Welcome...

Joe

Border
December 20, 2006, 11:05 AM
Great!!! I like American Hunter.

USMC - Retired
December 20, 2006, 11:07 AM
Once I put some money aside, it will be lifetime membership.

Do you know you can now get a NRA Life Membership on a payment plan?

PM me for details.

jamz
December 20, 2006, 11:08 AM
Fantastic, and welcome!

Now if you want to, you can take advantage of thier $25 per quarter life membership deal. :D

romma
December 20, 2006, 11:45 AM
I am an NRA member also. I will not become a lifetime member though. On the basis that I have no idea what Their stance may be tomorrow or the next day. I am not stating that I think they will turn bad or anything, but once your a lifetime member, that's it, your a lifetime member.

ZeSpectre
December 20, 2006, 12:29 PM
Welcome,
Went lifetime myself a little while ago.

Romma, while I see your point it's a lot like our government itself. If we (the members) don't take an active stance then it can go wherever it wants.

'Course I have access to HQ so I guess I feel like maybe sometimes I get to have a tiny bit of influence here and there.

If you enjoyed reading about "I just joined the NRA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!