Finally joined the NRA!

PDA

hossdaniels
December 19, 2006, 08:01 PM
I finally quit putting it off and did it, with all the talk about hillary:uhoh: :cuss: and all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally joined the NRA!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Brad Johnson
December 19, 2006, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the club, now go give some memberships as Christmas presents!

Brad

GoRon
December 19, 2006, 11:39 PM
About time! We have been waiting for you:neener:

Just became a life member recently myself.

JoeHatley
December 20, 2006, 12:08 PM
Welcome...

Joe

tango3065
December 20, 2006, 12:45 PM
I hope the are more speedy with you than the have been me, I joined over the phone 2 weeks ago and the said I would be getting a welcome packet in the mail and still have not got anything.

ZeSpectre
December 20, 2006, 01:27 PM
Good choice and welcome!

Smokey Joe
December 20, 2006, 01:37 PM
Good choice, Hoss Daniels--The NRA, with all its flaws, is the best there is @ present. Which organization do the anti's spend time and energy on the national media, demonizing? Which organization are they afraid of? Therefore, which organization has the most clout, and do we want to back?

NRA, All The Way!!!

Now, I'm not saying that the others (Am Gun Owners, Jews for the Preservation of Gun Rights, etc) aren't good, and if you can, consider joining those too. But our Big Gun (pun fully intended :D ) is the NRA.

CountGlockula
December 20, 2006, 01:43 PM
When you show your NRA card at gun shops, do you get a discount?

New NRA member here.

jem375
December 20, 2006, 01:56 PM
Glad you joined, right now they have a bargain on life memberships, paying quarterly and I am getting ready to sign the wife up also.

Ben Shepherd
December 20, 2006, 02:15 PM
Just don't get discouraged with all the solicitations for money. They send so many because they KNOW that they're playing a percentage game. And bulk rate mail is the cheapest route.

They have to hit you up often to have any chance of catching you with disposable income at any given time.

Glad to have another member on board.

Quickdraw Limpsalot
December 20, 2006, 03:38 PM
I finally did the same about a month ago. Don't know why I put it off so long, it was pretty painless... and with the outcome of local elections, I figured the time had come.

jem375
December 20, 2006, 04:42 PM
Since I became a life member, I hardly receive any mail from the NRA now.

gunner03
December 21, 2006, 12:51 AM
I signed up three days ago.

MSgt B
December 21, 2006, 01:29 AM
I just put my money down on Dec 4. Life member.
Still haven't gotten any reply, other than the automatically generated e-mail.

How long till I get something official that will tell me my member number?
I will need it to join the local gun club.

ripcurlksm
December 21, 2006, 02:33 AM
I am thinking about it, it certainly a low buy in for a year at $35... but I dont know.. please advise.:D

45-4-me
December 21, 2006, 05:42 AM
$35 dollars a year...it's only $30 if you go through an NRA recruiter. Depending on your age now, I would consider joining lifetime and it's only $25 a quarter until it's paid off. IF you join lifetime, contact the NRA membership department and I believe you still get a free bomber jacket. Never would hurt to check.

Rick
NRA-EVC
Life member

bakert
December 21, 2006, 08:59 AM
You just joined a good club. Although the NRA has it's faults, it's still the best thing going for all gun owners regardless of whether you're a hunter, target shooter, plinker, carry one for self defence or just like to own and fondle guns.:cool:

nramember2
December 21, 2006, 09:26 AM
I finally quit putting it off and did it, with all the talk about hillary and all

I see you are from NC. Here is something else to give a look see.

http://www.grnc.org/

I am a member and volunteer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally joined the NRA!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!