should i buy a rossi m461?

PDA

ca-c54
December 19, 2006, 07:25 PM
The local gun shop has them on sale for 259.00.I like the size of the gun and i like the fact it's a 6 shooter.I'm not sure about rossi quality though.I plan on shooting it a couple times a month and only 38spl ammo.If anyone owns this gun or knows anything about it tell me what you think. Thanks. Jay

If you enjoyed reading about "should i buy a rossi m461?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GrandmasterB
December 20, 2006, 11:54 AM
Don't know much about them, but I know a guy who carries one as his primary CCW. He really likes the size and is comfortable enough with accuracy and reliability to trust his life on one. I too like the size, but don't have any personal experience with them.

TonyB
December 20, 2006, 12:01 PM
I bought one a while back used for $150.I got it as a "knock around gun"..it's so accurate and reliable,I now shoot it in IDPA.And occasionally carry it.The trigger was horrible in the beginning,but smoothed up w/ one trip back to Taurus,and a ton of use.I love the grips too.It uses the same speedloaders as a smith k frame(holsters too).You can find used Smiths or Rugers for about the same money,but I don't think you're throwing your money away if you get the Rossi.Or course I've had great luck with Taurus ...others have had nightmares.They have the life time warrentee too.
BTW,everytime I do use it at IDPA(or IPSC)people always want to see it,and are surprised that it's a Rossi.

MCgunner
December 20, 2006, 12:04 PM
BTW,everytime I do use it at IDPA(or IPSC)people always want to see it,and are surprised that it's a Rossi.

:D Bet it draws some raised eyebrows if not comments. I very much like Rossi and I've owned 7 of 'em. Wrote more about it on this thread and don't wish to repeat... http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=242117

kjeff50cal
December 20, 2006, 01:49 PM
Not to Hi-jack this thread (much), but those of you whom own Rossi revolvers, are there any sources for aftermarket grips for these revolvers?

ronto
December 20, 2006, 04:57 PM
For another 100 bucks or so you could buy a Ruger...It would be worth the wait.

ca-c54
December 20, 2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the input guys.I think i'll give the rossi a try let you know what i think after a trip to the range.In the future i plan on getting a ruger and a smith when i can afford them.

MCgunner
December 20, 2006, 09:09 PM
Not to Hi-jack this thread (much), but those of you whom own Rossi revolvers, are there any sources for aftermarket grips for these revolvers?

Sure, Ajax has a passle for the small frame and I THINK the large frame. I know the Pachmayr Compacs I had on my M88, I took off and tried on my M971 (.357) once and they fit perfect. Just did it to try, the 971 had decent grips supplied with it.

I got some pearlites on the M68, just to pimp it out. :D I like 'em for two reasons, they're pretty and snobs hate 'em. :D I've got Pachmayr Compacs on my little M511 .22.

http://www.ajaxgrips.com

MatthewVanitas
December 20, 2006, 10:48 PM

One interesting option: I put the Barami Hip Grips onto my Rossi .38 snub. They have the same profile as Magna stocks (very minimalist, no material on front or backstrap), and have a "hook" so that they can be carried tucked into the belt. Paired with a Tyler T-grip, they're a neat carry option, and the grips are much easier for folks with small hands. Those big rubber montrosities were too bulky for my paws.

-MV

If you enjoyed reading about "should i buy a rossi m461?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!