Surplus Rifle.com shutting down

PDA

MSGT9410
December 20, 2006, 02:34 PM
I just saw this, figured I'd throw a heads-up to everyone here.

Surplusrifle.com will be shutting down on March 30, 2007.

This is a sad event for me, seeing how useful the abundant information on the site was.

www.surplusrifle.com

:(

If you enjoyed reading about "Surplus Rifle.com shutting down" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
shaggycat
December 20, 2006, 02:38 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=236719&highlight=surplusrifle.com

ArmedBear
December 20, 2006, 02:39 PM
Holy crap!

Why, God, why?

I have to get some documentation on my greasy old guns; I'd relied on them.

Perhaps we can bribe the site to stay running!

MSGT9410
December 20, 2006, 02:40 PM
Ah, sorry for the repost.

"Holy crap!

Why, God, why?

I have to get some documentation on my greasy old guns; I'd relied on them.

Perhaps we can bribe the site to stay running!"

It has been stated that donations will NOT be accepted to keep the site running -- It is the owner's wishes to shut it down. However, all the information on the site will possibly be sold on 2 CD-ROMs.

Car Knocker
December 20, 2006, 02:45 PM
However, all the information on the site will possibly be sold on 2 CD-ROMs.
$14 including shipping. Takes about a week to receive.

mkh100
December 20, 2006, 02:55 PM
BIG thumbs up on the CD......buy it or you will regret it !

weaselchew
December 20, 2006, 03:02 PM
Yes, if you like the site, I'd recommend the CDs. Lots of information on them, much of it I never got to see on the site, such as videos, etc.

salvador31c
December 20, 2006, 03:07 PM
:( that sucks this site was a great help when i bought my first sks guess i'll be buying that cd

CNYCacher
December 21, 2006, 09:11 AM
Wish I had discovered this site earlier, it's great.

I am going to try and pull a mirror of it, we'll see how that goes. If it works I will update daily until Mar 27, then hold the mirror for as long as the bandwidth on my server holds out.

Bruce333
December 31, 2006, 03:43 PM
http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21980

I have given the Surplusrifle.com web site to Layne at Tennessee Gun Parts. He has agreed to take over the web site in January 2007 (several months earlier than the end of March) and leave it where it is and take over paying the hosting fees.

prism
December 31, 2006, 11:16 PM
glad to see that. keeping it online is the best way to preserve the information and keep it available.

Remander
January 1, 2007, 03:16 AM
I just received my CD's of all their material, including videos. Looks like I could have saved the $14, but I'm very glad to hear the good news that the site will continue.

And I'm happy to have inexpensive backup copies of the good info on that site.

Tested the CD's last night, and they work great.

If you enjoyed reading about "Surplus Rifle.com shutting down" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!