Rem LTR vs. VS

PDA

WalkerTexasRanger
May 26, 2003, 05:54 PM
I am debating between a new LTR and a new VS in .223 and was wanting some input.

I know the LTR has a 20" fluted vs the 26", but what are the other major differences?? Stock and bedding?? Trigger??

Any input is appreciated!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem LTR vs. VS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Soap
May 26, 2003, 06:50 PM
What do you want to do with it?

Rocko
May 26, 2003, 07:43 PM
In .223, the twist rates are different. I don't recall them offhand, but the LTR/PSS has a faster twist rate to utilize heavier bullets typically used in a "tactical" sort of scenario. The VS uses a slower twist for lighter bullets typically used for varmit hunting. Other than that, they are the same except for the stock and the finish. Both use HS Precision stocks, but different styles.

The .308 versions uses the same twist rate.

Rocko

Quintin Likely
May 26, 2003, 07:48 PM
.223 VS' are a 1:12 twist, the PSS/LTR are 1:9.

Aside from a slightly different palm swell and the aforementioned twist and barrel lengths, the VS and LTR are the same.

TechBrute
May 26, 2003, 10:18 PM
The LTR also has a shortened forend on the stock. The bedding is pretty much the same on both, as the stocks are both made by H-S Precision.

BusMaster007
May 27, 2003, 01:58 AM
Of the two listed, I'd opt for the LTR.
Have you done a Search here or on the old TFL Forums?
I did when it was TFL.
I was super hot on the LTR at first. Great platform.
I ended up with a Remington 700 Police in .308 and put it into a Hogue pillar bedded stock for my intended use.
It worked out VERY WELL.
I wanted the 26" bbl. for using High Energy/Light Magnum ammo and less muzzle flash/report.
Love that gun! :D

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=17899

(...hey! The text stayed up while I was reminded that I'd used this photo before...THANK YOU! ) ;)

WalkerTexasRanger
May 27, 2003, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the replies, exactly what I needed. I will be going with the LTR or the PSS strictly due to the twist. I handload for my ARs and want to be able to shoot the heavier bullets as I do in them.

If I can find one at the HGCA show this weekend, it will be following me home...

Good shooting!!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Rem LTR vs. VS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!