Youth Stock for 700

PDA

tiger146
December 20, 2006, 11:44 PM
I've recently acquired a remington 700 ADL in .243 for a very good price. I'm having it re-barreled to .308 probably 18" length.

The problem is I'm all of 5'3" tall. I need a short / youth stock. I think something around 12" LOP. I know mcmillan will make any length i want but for $$$. I'm looking for something a little less expensive as it is a project gun. I'm looking for synthetic, but a good laminate is not out of the question. It will be a target / deer gun.

Any thoughts on where i can find a stock meeting these requirements.

If you enjoyed reading about "Youth Stock for 700" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dakotasin
December 21, 2006, 03:09 AM
cut the one you have, use glass bedding compound to attach the recoil pad.

tiger146
December 22, 2006, 12:27 PM
I'll probably cut the one on it down. My only problem is that it has nice wood. I just hate to hack up nice wood. But, if I can't find anything else it will have to be.

griz
December 22, 2006, 02:23 PM
I just bought (from a local THR member) what you are looking for, a 308 ADL with a factory youth synthetic stock. What to trade stocks?

If you enjoyed reading about "Youth Stock for 700" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!