My C&R license is here!

PDA

Hogfan1911
December 21, 2006, 12:52 AM
....and I suddenly find myself depressed because my want list & wallet size are inversely proportional to one another;) That, and I can't decide what to buy first.:confused: A CMP Garand is very tempting, but it will blow pretty much all of the gun $$ I have right now, & I won't have any more for a good year at least. And I just now realized I'm sitting here WHINING about being able to buy a gun or two. Sorry. Won't happen again.

If you enjoyed reading about "My C&R license is here!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jrfoxx
December 21, 2006, 05:14 AM
congratulations.Kiss your money goodbye. :) And get used to having a C&R wishlist 10x the size of your budget.:) Somehow I'm sure you'll muddle through though, we all do.:D

Dr. Dickie
December 21, 2006, 07:18 AM
Congrats on the C&R, it is a license to spend money.
P.S. You do know that you do not need the C&R to get a Garand from CMP, right?

browningguy
December 21, 2006, 08:30 AM
Go ahead and make about 20 copies, then send one to Midway and Brownells. They allow C&R's dealer discounts on everything which pays for the license in just a small purchase or two. There are probably others as well but that's the two I use most of the time. Then SOG etc. for all the pretty C&R guns. Just remind yourself how much money you are "saving" on each purchase, you'll prbably get to retire early if you save enough.:)

Essex County
December 21, 2006, 02:00 PM
As a fellow cruffler, congratulations! Your decent into financial oblivion is now assured. Good Luck.........Essex

Joe Demko
December 21, 2006, 02:02 PM
I'm waiting for mine to arrive. Who are some good vendors to deal with? Who should be avoided?

carterbeauford
December 21, 2006, 04:44 PM
Who are some good vendors to deal with?

only two I have experience with:

Midway USA (http://www.midwayusa.com)
Classic Arms (http://www.classicarms.us)

Bruce333
December 21, 2006, 05:06 PM
AFAIK all the ones on this list are ok:

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=206780

I've ordered from Aim Surplus, Interordnance and Samco. Good experience with them all.

Hogfan1911
December 21, 2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah, Dr, I knew I could get a CMP Garand w/o the C&R, but I was gonna get the C&R regardless. Also, it seems like the easiest of the different CMP requirements, for me anyway. I've made up my mind that the Garand will be my next purchase, btw. Printing off the order form as I type this!

Anna's Dad
December 22, 2006, 12:36 AM
Within 7 days of my first C&R purchase I found myself with a Russian Mak, a Nagant, a Nambu Type 14 and a P-38.

Worse yet, it got me in the spending mood and I bought a Kel-Tec P-32 and a Norinco 59 (neither is C&R) a couple of days after.

I already have my sights on (pun intended) a Webley Mark IV as well.

I think I'm going to have to shred this license for my bank account's sake.

mstirton
December 22, 2006, 02:35 AM
Get an SKS, mauser type, and a mosin-nagant (since that will only be $75). CZ52 is one of my favorites as well. I went crazy over Garands though and haven't gotten back to the other stuff in a while.

bruss01
December 22, 2006, 02:56 AM
Hogfan -

Consider a part-time job, friend. It's a great way to raise money to fund your hobbies. And if your budget is so tight you would drain all your expendable income with the purchase of a CMP Garand, and not have any more for a year, then you really NEED some extra cash flow coming in.

At various points in my life I have taken janitorial work (nights), delivered business paper route, and done computer consulting moonlighting to boost my disposable income (in addition to my "day job"). Haven't yet delivered pizza but that's honest work and not "beneath" any honest worker. It's hard work doing an extra job and a sacrifice of time and effort, but it's better than sitting on the sofa watching tv and feeling frustrated because you don't have money to do the things you want to do. JMHO - YMMV.

ElSnapitan
December 22, 2006, 07:55 PM
Gratz!! I am waiting for mine also :banghead:

Hogfan1911
December 23, 2006, 01:49 PM
Believe me, the part-time job thought has crossed my mind. I would love to go back to my all-time favorite, RSO at the local range like back when I was in school, & work weekends. Just one small problem with that: wife, 2 1/2 y/o daughter, 1 mo. old son. Keeps me kinda busy, but wouldn't trade it for anything. Best bet for me is to just take on a slightly heavier patient load & try to convince the wife that the extra $$$ really NEEDS to go toward firearms & firearm accessories, and not frivilous stuff like bills, mortgage payments, student loans, etc. :barf:

If you enjoyed reading about "My C&R license is here!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!