Aftermarket Irons on an SKS?

PDA

Skunkabilly
May 26, 2003, 06:12 PM
What aftermarket irons exist for the SKS? I shot PSSSniper's and the sights sucked.

I saw Williams' but will the fiberoptic be too fragile?

And how difficult is it to install them?

If you enjoyed reading about "Aftermarket Irons on an SKS?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sarge
May 26, 2003, 08:05 PM
Take a look at some of the advertisers over at

http://www.ak-47.net/

I believe you'll probably find some goodies for the SKS as well.

Take a look at Brownells while you're at it.

I think the install for the Williams is a major drag. You may have to register to do a search on tha site, but do one on 'peep' or 'aperture' and I think you'll find what you're looking for.

I am currently battling sucky sights on my new SAR-1, and am going through the same research process.

Good luck. The SKS is a pretty good old iron but like most com-bloc guns, need some decent American sights and trigger work to make it shine.

rjk2475
May 26, 2003, 08:13 PM
i really like my mojo.

DMK
May 26, 2003, 08:29 PM
www.mojosights.com

Nice product and they stand behind it. The only complaint I had with mine was that the adjuster screw stuck up too far, and I could see it when looking through the arpeture. I sent them an email and they sent me two shorter screws free of charge for both my sights. I've got one on an SKS and another on an M38 Mosin-Nagant.

http://www.mojosights.com/images/SKSTop.jpg

Skunkabilly
May 26, 2003, 09:51 PM
Does the Mojo also have a frontsight with it?

BamBam-31
May 27, 2003, 12:47 AM
I've been tempted to buy those flourescent colored replacement front sights (cheap), sharpen one or all of them, and use in conjunction with my mojo rear. Haven't done it yet, but I'll post when I do.

Andrew Wyatt
May 27, 2003, 12:54 AM
i've played with the mojo sights and don't like them much.

i think williams makes a rear peep that'll mount to the dustcover.

law27
April 14, 2004, 09:08 AM
I am curently testing out a rear aperture sight for the SKS, that
mounts to the rear of the reciever not the cover. It gives a long
sighting radius and returns to zero after removal. The other great thing is that it does not require any drilling or taping to mount. Because the mount is direct to the reciever it is not plagued by the loose fit of the cover.
The sight uses apertures from the M16/AR rifles, so there are a number
of aperture sizes available, depending on your preference. If anyone is interested, contact me at TechSIGHT@nesseh.com or
law27@techie.com.

lee n. field
April 14, 2004, 11:00 AM
I think the install for the Williams is a major drag.

I've thought about getting a Williams peep for the SKS. What are the difficulties with the installation?

SanduneCC
April 14, 2004, 11:50 AM
What are the difficulties with the installation?

Taking out the old one and putting in the new one! :( :( :(

If you enjoyed reading about "Aftermarket Irons on an SKS?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!