For X-mas, my GF got me...

PDA

Malice
December 21, 2006, 02:26 PM
A Henry .22 Levergun! Not the Golden Boy, the blue and walnut one.

Quite exciting and very unexpected. But moreso than that, the gun is suprising. The action is silky smooth. It is probably the best balanced gun I own (and the only levergun I own... coincidence?). Its light, seems imposibly short and points more naturaly for me than any gun I've hefted before.

I am going to the range tomorrow and hopefully someday I will get to hunt some small game with it!

For $200 brand new at Academy, this is a heck of a gun. I am award of the cost-cutting Henry does on this model, but for a fun gun, it's all good.

If you enjoyed reading about "For X-mas, my GF got me..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GunNut
December 21, 2006, 03:24 PM
Congrats, there is nothing better than a GF/wife buying you a gun.

My wife would love to buy me a gun, but currently our budget is pretty tight.

Plus, we just found out we are expecting our second child sometime in August.

Steve

carterbeauford
December 21, 2006, 04:13 PM
Nice, for some reason I thought Henrys cost a lot more than that. Got a pic?

Gunny45
December 21, 2006, 04:53 PM
Wait a minute, I thought Christmas was the 25th!?!?!
Congrats to you Malice and to GunNut.

TX_Shooter
December 21, 2006, 08:11 PM
Lowest price I seen for them was 209.oo @ academy. Congrats man. I am jealous

AJAX22
December 21, 2006, 08:15 PM
For christmass My Fiance (gettin married in April) bought me a 1919A4 Browning parts set.

I've got the receiver already I just need to mill the internals, rivit the plate on and buy a semi auto sear.

I'm a happy camper, its really nice. She won't let me play with it till christmass tho, its wrapped up under the tree. I'll post pics when I officially receive it.

ETXhiker
December 21, 2006, 08:22 PM
I am going to the range tomorrow

No fair! My wife bought me a rifle for Christmas and it will sit under the tree until at least Christmas Eve. You, Sir, are cheating a bit. ;)

Very cool rifle, though. Hope you enjoy it a lot and Merry Christmas.

karlsgunbunker
December 21, 2006, 10:00 PM
This is what my wife got me for Christmas!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/karlsgunbunker/455SS6.jpg

Taurus Model 455 Tracker .45 acp :evil:

10-Ring
December 21, 2006, 10:01 PM
Congrats! Nothing better than gun gifts:D
Maybe, if I'm good, my guns can get me a girlfried :D :D

If you enjoyed reading about "For X-mas, my GF got me..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!