Love my old Colt Detective Special

PDA

The Real Hawkeye
December 21, 2006, 07:27 PM
Been shooting handguns since 1979. Started as a 100% double action revolver guy. Gradually drifted into autos, and then settle down with 1911s for a long time. Now I'm getting back into double action revolvers. Have quite a few, they just hadn't been shot in a long time. Anyway, shot my post 1972 Detective Special yesterday and was disappointed that it was shooting high and left consistently. Today I brought my old model Detective Special and was pleased to see that it shoots dead on with 158 grain lead round nose. In sustained fire double action at seven yards I was keeping them inside of three inches, which is more than good enough for typical self defense shooting. Really like this gun. Will probably make a great carry gun once my Milt Spark Versa Max II gets here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Love my old Colt Detective Special" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Love my old Colt Detective Special" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!