She's finally finished!

PDA

Bazooka Joe71
December 21, 2006, 11:30 PM
She's finally done....Well for now at least :D
Actually I am gonna go pick up a tac latch for the charging handle then she's done...Unless someone has anymore suggestions on more toys to add to it. :evil:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/benrulez71/eotech1.jpg

Thanks for all of the help/advice on peicing it together guys/gals!

If you enjoyed reading about "She's finally finished!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joonia
December 21, 2006, 11:40 PM
Freakin niiice!!!:cool:

possum
December 21, 2006, 11:48 PM
Looks good, seems we have similar taste, vert forgrip, bi-pod, rail system, eo-tech buis, looks good man congrats happy shooting.

the only thing that I would watch out for especially with the carbine lenght rail is that there isn't alot of room and someimes using the foregrip with that bi-pod is uncomfortable, it likes to come back during recoil and tear up my knucles so i have gotten to were i take th bi-pod off when not in use, and so on, which is another great thing about the ar's and the way you have it set up it can go and come as you please, again looks good!

ilbob
December 21, 2006, 11:52 PM
I watched part of self defense TV today. One of the segments was about an ar setup for self defense. Clint seemed to be advocating the simpler is better approach. Had one extra mag attached with a giant rubber band, and a flash light to a very ordinary looking AR.

possum
December 22, 2006, 12:15 AM
I watched part of self defense TV today. One of the segments was about an ar setup for self defense. Clint seemed to be advocating the simpler is better approach. Had one extra mag attached with a giant rubber band, and a flash light to a very ordinary looking AR.

sometimes simpler is better, less things to worry about snaging and getting hung up while investagating something that went bump in the night, less weight and handyness is what the whole idea is. i have thought about selling my eo-tech and sticking just with the iron sights they can be just as quick and just as deadly. and with the range inside a house the front sight post is the only thing you need to use.

i have all that cool guy stuff on there to make it look cool, but the more i think about it the more i ant to scale back, have a light, 20rd mag which is plenty, and buis or the carry handle back on there. that is really all you need. but having all that stuff on there is pretty neat, i have it i guess because i can!

Car Knocker
December 22, 2006, 01:01 AM
She's finally done....Unless someone has anymore suggestions on more toys to add to it.
Radar? :p

Don't Tread On Me
December 22, 2006, 01:02 AM
I have the same TDI grip, I like the shorter, fatter grip placed close to the magwell. Nice choice. Also, the Hogue is a great grip.

With the bipod and light, you've got an all-purpose carbine. You could clear a house with it, or engage targets 300-400 yards out in the prone position.

Back up iron is a good idea given you have an electronic optic.

I don't have an all purpose carbine, I split the bipod longer range shooting and the shorter range "go fast" stuff between 2 different AR's. They also have different sighting to take advantage of their intended purpose.

If I were to build an all purpose AR, it would probably fall into a configuration very close to yours. EOtech's 1moa dot helps the precision at greater distances. It is difficult (see expensive) to find a magnified optic that also really works for close quarters. I

Only thing I don't like is the HBAR. I'm an HBAR hater, but I will admit that the weight does keep the muzzle in place more than on a lightweight even though the AR has almost no recoil to begin with. So, there's a bright side.

I wouldn't add anything more. Gadgets, without a use, are toys. If you don't have a use for it, don't add it. As is, it is already an extremely functional tool. Trying to get that type of versatility and functionality out of an different platform is difficult or impossible or very expensive. AR's are great.

Overall grade for the project: A

:D

Bazooka Joe71
December 22, 2006, 01:08 AM
This is my first AR, but far from my last...Eventually, I will make one that is as light as it can possibly be, with no bells or whistles.

We'll just call this my decked out one(hardly decked out to some, but it is to me)

Possum,

I have have had good luck with the bi-pod/foregrip at the same time, as long as my hand is firmly gripped to it, it doesn't get me, well at least it hasn't gotten me yet...But I havent done too many CQB drills with it yet, but I might try taking it off it it poses a problem in the future.

Edit: Yeah, I went ahead and got a flip up rear site, because I definately like practicing with the iron sights sometimes, but I got the eotech for a bit more accuracy when I want it.

possum
December 22, 2006, 01:24 AM
I have have had good luck with the bi-pod/foregrip at the same time, as long as my hand is firmly gripped to it, it doesn't get me, well at least it hasn't gotten me yet...But I havent done too many CQB drills with it yet, but I might try taking it off it it poses a problem in the future
glad to hear it, sounds like a plan.
Edit: Yeah, I went ahead and got a flip up rear site, because I definately like practicing with the iron sights sometimes, but I got the eotech for a bit more accuracy when I want it.
that 1 moa dot is pretty sweet for shooting accuratly. compared to the iron sights.

Bazooka Joe71
December 22, 2006, 02:44 AM
OK, this is probably a dumb question, but my flip up rear sight came with a tiny bottle of Loctite 222MS Threadlocker....

Whats it for and where do I put it?

Thanks fellas

Don't Tread On Me
December 22, 2006, 03:04 AM
You put it on the screw threads that clamps the sight to the flattop.

If you enjoyed reading about "She's finally finished!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!