Hornady LnL Progressive Press

PDA

ernierod
December 22, 2006, 11:41 AM
I already have a Dillon Square Deal B press and I wanted another progressive with many features at a decent price.I chose the Hornady LnL press based on the following features-Their pistol powder insert allows fine adjustments of powder in the range of 0 to 10 grs and is very accurate in the range I use (1.2 to 1.45grs),I added a RCBS powder baffle(thanks to advice from THR members) to further enhance powder accuracy,the press has high quality,is massively built and super easy to adjust-and customer relations from Hornady is quite good/helpful.The price for the Press,Pistol drum/insert,shell plate and Baffle,delivered to my house was $365-which I thought was quite reasonable.Hornady also sent me 10 boxes of XTP 9mm heads on their promotional special (a value of $130-I think).I am going to order a low primer detector(another good idea from our members) from RCBS, as I think it is a worthwhile feature.The outfit works smoothly and puts out a decent volume of finished shells in a relatively short time. Hope this helps someone who is looking for a progressive press.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hornady LnL Progressive Press" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Empyrean
December 22, 2006, 12:00 PM
Just out of curiosity, are you using the .355 powder-through-expander? If so, is it belling your case mouths visibly?

ernierod
December 22, 2006, 12:43 PM
I am using the Dillon for 9mm and the Hornady LnL press for a 32 S&W long.I am not using the Powder Through Expander system with the LnL press.I already had an excellent set of Redding carbide dies for the 32 S&W and use it as follows-deprime/size,bell,powder,seat and profile crimp.Hornady told me they don't make a P-T-E system for a 32 cal S&W. However,you should be able to adj ANY P-T-E system for your .355 for a slight bell that you could actually see.Erod

If you enjoyed reading about "Hornady LnL Progressive Press" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!