All Gunned Out

PDA

Phil DeGraves
December 22, 2006, 04:06 PM
Finally got the last gun I wanted. a 2nd Gen Colt SAA 38 spl. 5&1/2" Beautiful. Got a pair now.

If you enjoyed reading about "All Gunned Out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tubeshooter
December 22, 2006, 05:51 PM
^ that's what you think....

Give it some time, and keep coming to boards like THR. You'll dream up something else eventually. Maybe not next week or next month, but it will happen. Mark my words.

I've thought I was "done" several times now. :D

December 22, 2006, 06:22 PM
The last time I thought I was done it lasted about a year, since then I've bought more guns than I had at the time. :D

Good score on the SAA, very nice weapons.

Soulrider
December 23, 2006, 12:37 AM
I bought a 29 gun safe a few years ago and said when its full I'm done, got 50 crammed in it now and gonna have to get another safe. It seems the fun of a new firearm never ends.

TheotherMikeG
December 23, 2006, 02:07 AM
Bwaaaahaaahaaaa!:D :D :D

Seancass
December 23, 2006, 02:14 AM
i think it's only healthy to occasionally question yourself. make sure you still have time and money to devote to guns. there are more important things.

arthurcw
December 23, 2006, 02:15 AM
All Gunned Out

WHAT???

Brother, you just challenged the gun gods.

Anyone want to start a pool of how long it takes him to look over at someone else's pretty and say, "Oh, What's that? I have to have one!"

SnWnMe
December 23, 2006, 12:14 PM
I thought I was gunned out a few months ago. Then I started looking at guns not everyone will buy.

Got a 10mm 1911 and a tactical revolver (327 TRR8) in one week.:)

Ben Shepherd
December 23, 2006, 12:43 PM
Feels good, doesn't it!

I just recently found my 45 colt redhawk. That completed it for me, I now have a 7.5" stainless redhawk in every caliber ruger produced them in.

Take a break for a few months, maybe even a year or two, sure. But you'll buy more eventually, I think.

You're not going to quit hanging around THR now are you?

We have too many new members that can use your experieces.

Stoney
December 23, 2006, 12:43 PM
I felt the same way around two years ago, then came my Mossberg phase, followed by my Colt phase. I'm now in My Smith & Wesson Pre War phase. I'm sure after this Smith & Wesson phase blows over, I'm done.;)

Eightball
December 23, 2006, 01:12 PM
Well, we don't know everything of what the man has; what if he has EVERYTHING :eek: ?

It's doable. There's only a few more on my list before my collection becomes well-rounded; after that, it's just superfluous acquisitions.

jad0110
December 23, 2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I told my wife that I was done when I bought my S&W 642 in May. Then I got a Taurus 94 in August. Then I told her that I was DONE DONE! She said "sure". I said, "no, really, I'm finished, there is nothing else I want. I'm totally content with the guns I have. Couldn't be happier! I'm through! Don't you worry, no more 'toys' for me!"

So Phil, do you have either of these (S&W K-22 and a Model 14)? I got them a few weeks ago :D : :evil: .

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q139/jad0110/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20Model%2014%20and%2017/Large/K22-14_12.jpg

We are such a bad influence, aren't we? :evil:

But I'm done now, really, I am!

dogngun
December 24, 2006, 11:16 AM
jad0110:
I have a Model 17 and a Model 14 in my drawer right now, took me several years to find one of each in the condition I wanted. I haven't bought a gun in a while, no immediate plans to buy another, but I have no doubt I will someday see one that I must have. Then, we will see what happens.

Quitter.

Mark

Phil DeGraves
December 27, 2006, 04:42 PM
I've said that probably 30 times but I'm up to 79. Actually, I was up to 84 but I sold some to get the Colts. I'm all gunned out. At least for awhile.

MrDig
December 27, 2006, 04:57 PM
Sure thats what they all say. My budget may be gunned out for a bit, but I can assure you that my wish list still has a few items on it. I don't think there are any revolvers on my list so I won't elaborate.

treebeard
December 27, 2006, 08:10 PM
Finally got the last gun I wanted

Yeah right.

I've thought I was "done" several times now

Yup, that about sums it up for me.

wundudnee
December 27, 2006, 10:28 PM
I'm not dead, so I'm not done. I can quit anytime, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh,
yeah right.:)
http://www.fototime.com/{4DE82428-629D-44FD-8425-F86A092AAC8C}/picture.JPG

Phil DeGraves
December 28, 2006, 09:17 AM
Some nice S&W M27s there.

ZeSpectre
December 28, 2006, 09:40 AM
wundudnee .... Ooooohhh I HATE you!!!! :D
Man those are some nice wheelguns you got there!

Phil DeGraves,
Yeah, I'm kinda "gun done" for a while myself. Eventually I'd like to find an older model S&W 686 with nice wood grips and I feel like having a 1911 of some stripe would be nice but on the whole I have no urge at all to run out and find them.

I suspect that'll last until about, oh say late March, then the spring weather will start to show in our area and I'll get the itch again.

22-rimfire
December 28, 2006, 12:03 PM
I'm done too, until I find the next one I can't live without. Honey, it's an investment....

If you enjoyed reading about "All Gunned Out" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!