Just got an Iron Elite scope mt. for my mauser

PDA

kungfuhippie
December 22, 2006, 05:59 PM
I will be installing it tonight after work. (Pictures will be included)
I have to say a few things about it before I've even bolted it on.

1. It took TWO MONTHS to get here! If it hadn't been for the the owner answering his phone and having exlainations I would have assumed that I'd been taken. I also have to add that they are built to order so it will take a while to get it anyway, but two months!

2. It is very well crafted. All the visible sides of the mount have pristene machinework and a great finish. All the allen bolts and their holes are precisly made. It's renewed my faith in American Craftsmanship. I mean the detail in this thing justified the $100+ I spent.

3. I got a cheap Walmart-Tasco scope for it (two months ago so don't ask which one) because I figured that if the mount was a waste of money, at least I didn't get an expensive scope. If the Wally World special sucks I'll get a good one. The optics seam fine, just no extras on it. It could endup as a headache at which time it will meet the buisness end of the rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just got an Iron Elite scope mt. for my mauser" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
byf43
December 22, 2006, 08:59 PM
Hey 'hippie!!!!!

A buddy of mine has one of these Iron Elite mounts for his K98k rifles.

He LOVES his.

On one of his BNZ rifles, he's getting 6-1/2" groups at 600 yds with the Iron Elite mount and a Nikon scope.

My buddy waited about a month and a half, and that was a year ago.

Nice quality mount. I don't think you will be disappointed.

MilsurpShooter
December 23, 2006, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I tried to order through his website but it didn't work, I plan on calling him and trying again as soon as I get the money together (again) lol

kungfuhippie
December 23, 2006, 01:52 AM
he's got a new phone number
(630)834-1202
Just remember to call and ask about progress. He put mine off for a month and "thought" he shipped it last week, but it's here, and I love it.
Install was easier than disassembling the bolt.
1. tap out pin and pull out sight and spring
2. put in retainer thing
3. tap new pin into installed mt.
4.adjust all screws
5. install scope

took me like 10 minutes, just need to sight in.

Photos will be soon.

kungfuhippie
December 30, 2006, 09:29 PM
Here is the mount installed and two targets from today. The one with 5 shots was at 50 yards, I walked the poa to the center. The one with six holes is two groups off three. Hope this helps. BTW the scope is a 3-9 walmart special scope. Was a good range day. I even tested the durability of my newly made pvc pipe target stand against 8mm rounds (the bullets won)http://www.geocities.com/lawnrevenge/mauser003_edited.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/lawnrevenge/mauser004_edited.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/lawnrevenge/mauser008_edited.JPG

If you enjoyed reading about "Just got an Iron Elite scope mt. for my mauser" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!