What ever happened to "First Rifle"

PDA

mikewalker
December 22, 2006, 09:19 PM
Anyone know what became of the person out here a few weeks ago. Asking about what to expect from his first rifle, A 458Lott ??:what:

If you enjoyed reading about "What ever happened to "First Rifle"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tubeshooter
December 22, 2006, 09:37 PM
The gun probably mulekicked him into troll heaven.

Geno
December 22, 2006, 09:38 PM
He probably mounted a 45X Leupold scope and used it like a monocular. That's what most such people would try.

Okay, in all seriousness now. Back in 1986, I met a gentleman who told me that he "...had won a .378 Wea. Mag in a local raffle". The wood was extraordinary! He asked me to mount the scope and sight-in his rifle. He handed me two boxes of .378 Wea. Mag and let me have fun.

Later that week when I went to Ann Arbor Rod and Gun I noted a .378 Wea. Mag. for sale. The wood was extraordinary! Yup...you got it. It was this character's first rifle. He had bought it to go to Africa on a Cape Buff hunt. No raffle. :)

So, after he couldn't shoot it, he sold it.

Doc2005

mikewalker
December 23, 2006, 11:58 AM
I remember one.

For Sale; Remington 700. 700$ Custom trigger & Recoil Pad, Headspaced-Recut & Trued Chamber, Lapped & Trued Bolt, Cryo'ed Action & Barrel. Cut & Trued Recoil lug. 1/4 moa gauranteed. 7mm Mag. Shot once

If you enjoyed reading about "What ever happened to "First Rifle"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!