Rock River Arms

PDA

model4006
December 23, 2006, 01:55 AM
I was at my local Gander Mtn yesterday and saw a Rock River Arms LAR 15 there with a red dot, non adjustable stock, for 800 bucks used. Is that a good deal? Can someone point me to some info on these guns? Has anyone here owned or shot one of these? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rock River Arms" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RCR29
December 23, 2006, 02:15 AM
I have a RRA Car Elite a4 that I absolutely love. Fit and finish are top notch, and the 2 stage trigger is nice. Unless you just don't want to wait on buying one, I would talk to pete at legal transfers on building one that will better suit you. I didn't give much more that 8 for mine and I got to pick and choose what I wanted on it.

RockyMtnTactical
December 23, 2006, 02:16 AM
RRA makes a great gun, but I prefer Stag.

10-Ring
December 23, 2006, 02:24 AM
Seems like a fair deal - what does it come with? which RRA is it?

MatthewVanitas
December 23, 2006, 02:39 AM
IRT RRA: There are tons and tons of RRA threads on THR. Go to "Search" and select "Advance Search", and run a search under "RRA" with the "Titles Only" button pushed, and you'll get dozens of threads.

Depending on your location, $800 sounds a little high, unless the Red Dot is a quality brand (cheap red dots aren't worth much).

You can buy a complete RRA lower (fixed or adj stock) as low as $229. You can buy complete RRA uppers as low as $450. That's $679, add $20 for shipping and $25 for FFL fees, and remember there's NO SALES TAX. Up to $725 now. Leaving you $75 (and another $50-70 depending on your state's sales tax) with which to buy whatever carry-handle, BUIS, or optic you choose.

Just tossing out another option.

-MV

AK-74me
December 23, 2006, 07:35 AM
IRT RRA: There are tons and tons of RRA threads on THR. Go to "Search" and select "Advance Search", and run a search under "RRA" with the "Titles Only" button pushed, and you'll get dozens of threads.

Depending on your location, $800 sounds a little high, unless the Red Dot is a quality brand (cheap red dots aren't worth much).

You can buy a complete RRA lower (fixed or adj stock) as low as $229. You can buy complete RRA uppers as low as $450. That's $679, add $20 for shipping and $25 for FFL fees, and remember there's NO SALES TAX. Up to $725 now. Leaving you $75 (and another $50-70 depending on your state's sales tax) with which to buy whatever carry-handle, BUIS, or optic you choose.

Just tossing out another option.

Agree 100%, also +1 on STAG.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rock River Arms" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!