What AR15 type rifle brand has been the best for you?

PDA

355sigfan
May 27, 2003, 12:33 AM
Goes along with other poll. Which company has given you the best products.
PAT

If you enjoyed reading about "What AR15 type rifle brand has been the best for you?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mini14jac
May 27, 2003, 09:45 AM
I've only had one, and it was a Bushmaster.
I only sold it, because I don't keep guns that I don't shoot on a regular basis.
(I mainly shoot my handguns.)

I had several thousand rounds through it.
(At least 1K of Wolf. :uhoh: )
I had changed uppers on it, and shot almost 1000rds before cleaning. No failures, even though it got really nasty.

The only way I could make the gun fail, was to stick a USA mag in it. :D

And yes, I miss it.

TechBrute
May 27, 2003, 01:59 PM
These both seem like silly polls to me because even if someone only has 1 AR they would vote. A meaningful poll would get the results from people that have owned all the brands, and preferrably more than one example of each. Having said that, I don't fit that category and I voted.:D

BigG
May 27, 2003, 02:02 PM
Colt, pre '94.

cratz2
May 27, 2003, 02:57 PM
Not a whole lot to pull from, but for me, it's Rock River by a squeaker. Never any sort of problem whatsoever with the RRA. With my old bushmaster, I had maybe two failures total. Could be the magazine, could be dirt, but they were with the Bushmaster.

I recommend them interchangably though.

Rob96
May 27, 2003, 05:38 PM
I own only AR and it is a DPMS. Perfect for me so far.

ShaiVong
May 27, 2003, 06:36 PM
I just came back from ye old gun shoppe, and they had a DPMS and Bushmaster on the shelf. I was compairing the fit and finish of them side by side.

While i thought the overall fit and finish of the DPMS was slightly superior, i liked the shape of the BM much more. The BM had a dust cover, brass deflector, and nice moulded lines.. The DPMS had none of those features.

And to round out my insanity, i just orered a RRA receiver from Sable Co :p

Hkmp5sd
May 27, 2003, 08:19 PM
Both of mine are Colts, however, my Colt M16A1 has a 14.5" Bushmaster upper that has worked perfectly straight out of the box. So I guess I can say that technically, I have two brands. :)The other is a Colt AR-15 SP1 that hasn't had any problems either.

Peetmoss
May 27, 2003, 09:08 PM
I voted RRA because I own one and it has been perfect for me. However I have heard nothing but good things about all of the choices. My only complaint is that Colt doesn't use standard pins.

FPrice
May 27, 2003, 09:52 PM
I voted Colt because most of my experience has been with them. But I now have two Bushmasters and they seem to be starting off very well. Ask me again in a year.

Mannlicher
May 27, 2003, 10:26 PM
I have owned several Colt ARs. I still have the AR15 sporter I bought back in the 70's, and my HBAR heavy target.

My Bushmaster, and Armalite are ok, but they are not Colt's.

landon74
May 28, 2003, 12:14 PM
I have an A2 Colt AR, very reliable, any problems have been mag related. I only own one (right now) but I've been lusting after a RRA Carbine.....

Menehune
May 28, 2003, 12:38 PM
I have owned Colt, and still own Olympic, Bushmaster and RRA rifles. Out of them, the RRAs have been the best.

12 Volt Man
May 28, 2003, 12:56 PM
I voted Bushmaster. I would put RRA as a very close second. My Bushy has the Mini Y Comp................Damn that thing is loud. Do not get one of those if you have a choice. I need to do something about mine.

If you enjoyed reading about "What AR15 type rifle brand has been the best for you?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!