Taxman and the OT bunny

PDA

SoCalShooter
December 24, 2006, 12:41 AM
Have a lot of OT thats going to build up plus the taxman is coming around (I do my taxes very early)

So I would like a new hunting rifle (iron sights)
I would like possibly two new .45acp pistols
And I want a shotgun
Here are my selections if you do poll please tell me your thoughts and experience with the weapon.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taxman and the OT bunny" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armedandsafe
December 24, 2006, 04:30 PM
The 03-A3 was my first big-bore, in 1948. I shot competition to 1000 yards with the Lyman peep rear, Lyman globe front sights for years with it, as well as using it to help fill the freezer each fall. That one was stolen, but I now have another and still love it.

Pops

SoCalShooter
December 24, 2006, 04:35 PM
WTH did this thread come from? I thought it timed out last night?

armedandsafe
December 24, 2006, 04:49 PM
Computers do EXACTLY what they are told to do (da*****it.) :D

Pops

SoCalShooter
December 24, 2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the reply, even though this thread came out of thin air.

jrfoxx
December 25, 2006, 04:03 AM
Only thing on your list I have personal experiance with is a Mosin Nagant M44.Ammo is VERY cheap, has plenty of "oomph", and is just tons of fun to shoot if you like LOUD noises, fireballs, and recoil.:)

Jerry Morris
December 25, 2006, 05:33 AM
Go for the 870, only IF you must have the pistol grip, get it as an extra. Then you won't have to good looking for a full stock when you decide the pistol grip is a bad idea.

Everyone I know came to the conclusion that it is a spiffy looking bad idea.

Jerry

hoji
December 25, 2006, 12:16 PM
If you get a pistol grip get it as part of a full stock. It allows for much faster follow up shots and makes shooting a little easier on the shoulder.

SoCalShooter
December 25, 2006, 01:01 PM
It is a pistol grip stock, full stock with recoil pad thingy.

the pistolero
December 25, 2006, 10:24 PM
The Springfield GI would be a wonderful choice for a .45-caliber sidearm. My experience with it has been great, some initial trouble with it (bad extractor), but Springfield took care of the problem posthaste -- they have excellent customer service and they back their product with a lifetime warranty -- and I've had close to 2,000 trouble-free rounds through it since then. I know some have said warranties and customer service vis-a-vis the same don't matter as much as a gun that's reliable right out of the box, and that is right, but it's good to know that warranty and service are there in case the gun has any trouble.

SoCalShooter
December 25, 2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah the GI is on the "TO BUY SOON LIST" such as in NEW years gift probably for my self. :)

the pistolero
December 25, 2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah the GI is on the "TO BUY SOON LIST" such as in NEW years gift probably for my self.

I like that idea. If anybody asks me why I bought that Springer Loaded I picked up last week, I'll just tell 'em it was my New Year's gift to myself. :evil:

mustanger98
December 25, 2006, 10:59 PM
I'll just tell 'em it was my New Year's gift to myself.

I've done that a lot. It never fails to be a good enough reason.

I didn't vote the poll because you have several good choices listed and I'd be hard pressed to pick one. The iron-sighted hunting rifle is a great idea. I have a Springfield MilSpec 1911A1 and it's a great sidearm, but the 3-dot sights don't agree with me. The Mini-14's a good idea too, but I don't like the sights on the new ones.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taxman and the OT bunny" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!