Lee Enfield buying help

PDA

Macrozek
December 24, 2006, 09:08 AM
I posted a thread about whether or not I should buy this, and IIm pretty sure I want to. Ive seen on impact guns:(http://www.impactguns.com/store/RI017-GC.html

: There Enfield are pretty cheap between $120-$260. Is this a good buy?

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Enfield buying help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jagdpanzer347
December 24, 2006, 09:54 AM
Macrozek, welcome to THR. I think you could find an Enfield for a better price. Bear in mind .303 is somewhat expensive to shoot right now. In the not to distant past, I would have recommended checking out one of the .308 Indian Enfields. However, surplus ammunition in that caliber is not very abundant right now either. Ever think about a Yugo M48 or M24/47 Mauser? How about one of the Mosin Nagants? Ammo for either is less than ten cents a round right now. Shooting and collecting military rifles is a great and rewarding hobby. Check out surplusrifle.com to get an idea on what else is available, and for some really good reading. Best of luck in whatever path you take.

-jagd

dstorm1911
December 24, 2006, 10:04 AM
you can get that same rifle for $109 without the damaged stock from j&g sales

I've personally inspected many of the J&G guns and have found most to be exceptional under all the cosmoline, most of them also have the early grooved style rear handgaurd.

If your looking for an Enfield then I'd recoment looking into theirs, The Ishy .308 as mentioned is a great rifle AND has the distinction of being the last non-sniper bolt action made for any Army.

As far as cheap surplus ammo, right now the Mausers are it in 8x57, but I'd lean more towards the 24/47 more than the m48 as the 24/47 retains most of the battle era mauser character and most are in like new condition as far as bore etc...

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Enfield buying help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!