Shot some crackers yesterday

PDA

jagdpanzer347
December 24, 2006, 09:22 AM
With a 6mm Airsoft. It was a slow night at work so we set up a little range. Some left over crackers from the Christmas party were acceptable reactive targets. Stick 'em in the edge of a box and you're good to go. We found that a solid hit would take a Sociable right out. Triscuits, on the other hand, are much tougher customers. The BBs punched neat little holes in them. All in all, a pleasant diversion while waiting to begin the Christmas break.

-jagd

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot some crackers yesterday" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Apple a Day
December 24, 2006, 09:49 AM
As a persyn born in Georgia I find your use of the term "cracker" offensive and am shocked that you could advocate the shooting of "crackers" as a recreational sport. I insist that you publicly apologize and forthwith only refer to people born in the state of Georgia as Georgian-Americans and crunchy snack wafers suitable for topping with tasty, festive condiments as Wafer-Americans! :scrutiny:
If you refuse or delay I will immediately have the lawyers of the ACLU (American Cracker Liberty Union... which rhymes with Soviet Union) sue you into oblivion and redistribute your confiscated wealth among snackfoods and citizens of Georgia. :evil: :p

TIMC
December 24, 2006, 09:53 AM
:D :D :D :D :D
Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are!

philbo
December 24, 2006, 09:59 AM
LOL! best laugh I've had all week! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-014.gif

illini52
December 24, 2006, 10:00 AM
I can't believe he used the 'C' word! :eek:

SShooterZ
December 24, 2006, 10:07 AM
LMAO!! @ this thread!!! Shooting crackers, Cracker Liberty Union... :D :D

You all have a Merry Christmas! :)

joesolo
December 24, 2006, 10:08 AM
Funny but a good idea....going to get some crackers now. Cheers.

Joe

Ramius
December 24, 2006, 10:10 AM
:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the funnies....
Christmas with the flu is not much fun...
But at least I can smile! :D

Must be nice to work somewhere that permits cracker shooting on company time!

R.

Mr White
December 24, 2006, 10:52 AM
And the light bulb atop Mr White's head begins to shine.

The little Junior Whites have Airsoft guns. There are surely crackers, er, uh, I mean snack wafers in the cupboard.

Lord, I apologize for all the starving pygmies and for the all the wasting of perfectly good snack wafers that I am about to partake in.

:D

zero_chances
December 24, 2006, 01:23 PM
Do you have a gas airsoft gun? Those things are really fun.

michiganfan
December 24, 2006, 01:49 PM
What is the minimum caliber for getting a one shot stop on a cracker or is it all placement

mp510
December 24, 2006, 01:51 PM
Saltines are also a fun target, especially generic ones:)

ArfinGreebly
December 24, 2006, 02:21 PM
I wanna see some groups.

How many holes can you put in a Triscuit before it's too holey? (Did I say that?)

Does your gun achieve a minute of Cheez-It?

What happens when you're "puttin' on" the Ritz?

jagdpanzer347
December 24, 2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the replies all. It's all about shot placement when dealing with the evil cracker hoardes. If you can hit a thin wafer or chip center mass, it'll usually quite readily give up the ghost, so to speak. The Triscuits I fear, may begin to haunt my dreams. They're like some kind of freak'in Terminator snack.
They take hit after hit and keep taunting you, refusing to fall. I feel I may have to up-arm myself with a full auto M4 variant before I take on the evil Cheeto empire! Merry Christmas all.

-jagd

tellner
December 24, 2006, 05:12 PM
Just for S&G I made some old Union Army hardtack. The dogs had trouble chewing it. I valued my teeth to much to try. But I can report that 125 grain 357 jacketed hollowpoints break it into bite-sized pieces.

Rembrandt
December 24, 2006, 05:29 PM
I'm surprised no one has asked what airsoft "Black Gun" to use against attacking Cracker Zombies....or is it Zombie Crackers?

Dave P
December 24, 2006, 05:37 PM
I don't were you are pal, but around here the crackers shoot back!

Erebus
December 24, 2006, 05:54 PM
Charcoal Briquettes work good too, get a rather satisfying puff of black dust when you hit em, they are bio-degradable and don't cost much.

TnRebel
December 24, 2006, 07:54 PM
***********Today, 05:37 PM #17 ****************************
Dave P

Posts: 786 I don't were you are pal, but around here the crackers shoot back!

tell him Dave ; LOL I know a lot of Crackers that shoot back :neener:

doubleg
December 24, 2006, 08:01 PM
:D :D :D too funny. thats the problem with the anti's... no sense of humor:)

El Tejon
December 24, 2006, 08:28 PM
I had ancestors that shot a bunch of crackers and it ended the Civil War!:D

WESTTX357
December 24, 2006, 08:35 PM
Now there are gonna be guys loading up the airsofts and attacking the salad bar.:eek:

redneck2
December 24, 2006, 08:43 PM
could you use Jello from the salad bar for ballistic gelatin tests??

evan price
December 24, 2006, 08:53 PM
What if I wanted to shoot Oreos, would I get in trouble? You see, after I split them apart to make double-stuffed Oreos, you have those extra leftover Oreo cookies with no cream in them, what to do? The Oreo factory wouldn't answer my letter regarding returning them to the factory to be refilled with cream...

doubleg
December 24, 2006, 08:53 PM
:what: *runs in kitchen and starts making jello

ptmmatssc
December 24, 2006, 09:08 PM
Gives me an idea for the fruitcakes that I'm planning on getting for xmas . (no not the kind that walk an talk)

fiVe
December 24, 2006, 09:24 PM
Crackers & jello: Sounds like you guys are having a "snackin' good time"!!

For a really tough "barrier", but 2 Ritz crackers together with peanut butter in the middle. :p :p :p

wildburp
December 26, 2006, 01:33 AM
Nabisco deliberately designed Triscuits to defeat BBs - the interwoven nature (as compared to Ritz, which shatter) helps deaccelerate and dampen projectiles launched by the Red Ryder, which allows the Lone Ranger to move in and fire a silver bullets from the classic Colt SAA .45.

That's the Truth from Hollywood

wb

kmtirish
December 26, 2006, 11:36 AM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: shooting crackers is fun

CrackerJim
December 26, 2006, 11:49 AM
Yeah, the title of the thread got me reachin' ..........:D

Jim

Ps, us oldsters remember shooting necco wafers with bb guns when we were kids.

Sistema1927
December 26, 2006, 11:51 AM
Gives me an idea for the fruitcakes that I'm planning on getting for xmas . (no not the kind that walk an talk)

Sounds like a ricochet threat since there is no other substance made by man with a longer shelf life.

bedlamite
December 26, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evan, you're supposed to start with Double Stuf ...

http://personalpages.tds.net/~beebew/oreo.jpg

Sheldon J
December 26, 2006, 01:23 PM
with a black friend the other day and the subject was racial slurs and words that basically mean nothing but are re interpreted to become something totally different and derogatory. I used the word "Cracker" as a example and said that I like them in my soup and have no problem being called one, where as he broke up laughing.:evil:
Next time for a better target try NECO's smaller and you can just shoot the flavors you do not like.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot some crackers yesterday" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!