Good AR company?

PDA

JonB
December 24, 2006, 04:10 PM
On my list is an AR stripped lower while a guy can still get them. Thinking of RRA or Bushy. Any other 'good' quality I should compare prices on? I know Bushmaster is usually the 'king' when it comes to people's association of a good AR manufacturer....

If you enjoyed reading about "Good AR company?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LkWinnipesaukee
December 24, 2006, 04:14 PM
RRA, Bushmaster, Stag, Colt, Olympic are coming to mind.

If you're worried about cost, I'd look at RRA and Stag.

Bushmaster isnt really the KING (although I hope to have one tomorrow:D )

90% people seem to have only good things to say about the above brands.

blackhawk2000
December 24, 2006, 04:19 PM
Stag.

jem375
December 24, 2006, 04:28 PM
A,B,C,D, and R......forget the rest....

ocabj
December 24, 2006, 04:33 PM
As great as Stag is, I would go with a BIG name company like Bushmaster or Colt. If you get a Colt, try to get one with small pins and definitely get one without a sear block.

The reason why you want to stick with a big name is because you want a company that will still be in business 20-30 years down the line. Why? When your lower receiver wears out (and it will, AR lowers are made out of aluminum), what happens if ARs are banned nationwide? You will have a lower that is worn in the holes and needs to be replaced, yet you can't buy a new one. But what you can do is contact the manufacturer and they can replace your lower. They'll take your lower, build you a new one with the same serial, destroy your old one, and send you the new one. But if the company that made your lower is no longer in business, you're out of luck.

That's why you should get at least one AR rifle lower that is built by a company that has been and will still be in business down the line. Colt and RRA are solid because they have military/government contracts. Bushmaster is another huge name that will probably be around for a long time. Armalite and Olympic have been around for awhile.

Bazooka Joe71
December 24, 2006, 04:34 PM
+1 for RRA

Please read this thread, its only a couple of days old, and you will find all the info you need, you'll also see that bushy is definately not the "king"

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=242049

Ian
December 24, 2006, 04:38 PM
Deleted - misread the question.

blackhawk2000
December 24, 2006, 06:25 PM
Stag is made by CMT, who makes lowers for Colt, and Bushmaster, and others. Show me 1 lower that has been worn out, that couldn't be fixed. I could saw a lower in half, and a compentent welder, and machinist could make it work again.

10-Ring
December 24, 2006, 06:36 PM
I now have stuff from Stag, RRA & CMMG....and it all rocks ;) I've also shot a Bushmaster & a Colt and they also feel like quality.

RockyMtnTactical
December 24, 2006, 11:11 PM
For a stripped lower, look at Stag, RRA, DPMS, Superior, Ameetec, Mega, etc...

All that matters is that it is a forged receiver and that the holes are in the right place...

El Tejon
December 25, 2006, 12:19 AM
Nothing wrong with any of those listed (I have started stocking away RRA lowers).

I would take a look at Sun Devil. He is making good stuff out there.:)

http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=332546

Don't Tread On Me
December 25, 2006, 02:29 AM
For a lower, Bushmaster for best resale value, RRA for the 2-stage trigger.

Stripped? Get anything. Bushmaster, RRA, Stag, Mega (I have one, very nice)....you name it.

Stay away from the junk brands that everyone curses.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good AR company?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!