Night Vision Eotech Q?

PDA

10-Ring
December 24, 2006, 05:04 PM
To my surprise, I realized I picked up an Eotech 551 unit for my 9mm carbine. Is there another piece I need to purchase to take advantage of the NV capability??? :scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Night Vision Eotech Q?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DMK
December 24, 2006, 05:09 PM
Um, night vision goggles? ;)

All the night vision option does is add some very, very dim settings so the light from the reticle doesn't look too bright when you are wearing night vision equipment. It certainly doesn't give you night vision.

Nhsport
December 24, 2006, 05:10 PM
The difference is "IF" you have some type of night vision equipment this EOTECH has what is esentually a very very dim setting (not visiable to the naked eye) that can be picked up and be useable with night vision equipment. The other "standard" grade EOTECH at its most dimmed setting will look like a road flair thru night vision and be unuseable

10-Ring
December 24, 2006, 05:21 PM
Gotcha thanks guys! I thought it was just another piece of hardware to add onto the rail...similar to the new magnifier Eotech is introducing at 07 Shot
Thanks
Merry Christmas!

mrmeval
December 24, 2006, 11:21 PM
Night vision goggles.

BTW *any* EOtech works with night vision. The only difference in the NV version is the easy setting of it to NV. Even a cheap red dot with adjustable intensity works with NV.

The benefits of the militarized one with the NV switch are that they're supposed to be more rugged and reasonably water proof.

If you enjoyed reading about "Night Vision Eotech Q?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!