M1 Carbine questions.....

PDA

Jake
December 24, 2006, 05:10 PM
Went to the local indoor range\gunshop today. Noticed that they had a Auto Ord. M1 on the shelf. Was very tempted as I have wanted a M1 for a while now.

However I don't know a whole lot about them. Any input on the new Auto Ord. ones? Also any rough idea of what would be a decent price would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Carbine questions....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Firehand
December 24, 2006, 05:24 PM
I think Kahr bought the patent and is making them. I had a chance to fire one, and if I hadn't lucked onto a GI carbine I'd have bought one. I think they were around $500 around here(OK) last time I looked.

George S.
December 24, 2006, 05:42 PM
The older civilian AO's were supposed to be pretty poor in terms of quality and dependability. The new model is supposed to be much better but they are not quite the same as the USGI version. I personally would hold out for a USGI Carbine like an IBM or Rock-Ola for a couple hundred bucks more.

My local gunshop gets them thru Davidsons and they are currently are running $600 for either the 10-round mag or 15-round mag version but they are "allocated" so the supply must be pretty tight.

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/ao_aom110_f.html

rocketfish
December 24, 2006, 07:25 PM
I think about $560 for the Birch stock is a good price, a little bit more for the walnut stock.

davera
December 24, 2006, 10:14 PM
I bought one with a birch stock for $540 last spring at a gun show. They were surprisingly hard to find and order. Apparently, the factory only does runs occasionally because the AO Thompson is more popular.
The $540 looked better than the $700+ carbines that were not in good condition I kept seeing at gunshows.
It's a nice rifle with intermittant FTFs ... but no more than a friends authentic Inland.

rocketfish
December 24, 2006, 11:17 PM
I wouldn't pay the sticker price on the one at Shoot Straight Casselberry though.;)

Jake
December 25, 2006, 07:14 AM
I wouldn't have payed that price either. Those guys are always willing to negotiate the sticker price.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Carbine questions....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!