SFPD Officer loses life on Christmas Eve

PDA

GRB
December 24, 2006, 11:38 PM
At 12:01 AM, one minute into Christmas Eve, life support was removed from SFPD Officer Bryan Tuvera, 28, a four-year veteran of the department. He was shot, on 12/23/06, while trying to arrest Marlon Ruff a fugitive. Tuvera's partner returned fire, hit Ruff several times, and Ruff died at the scene.

More info can be found in this article: OFFICER WAS SLAIN BY ESCAPEE
2 YEARS ON THE RUN: Prison-camp fugitive died in S.F. garage after killing policeman Read the article here: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2006/12/24/MNGFHN5GCR1.DTL

My hearfelt condolences go to the family, loved ones, and fellow officers of Officer Tuvera.

All the best,
Glenn B

If you enjoyed reading about "SFPD Officer loses life on Christmas Eve" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DoubleTapDrew
December 24, 2006, 11:48 PM
OT, but my prayers go out to his family. Very sad.

Ala Dan
December 24, 2006, 11:56 PM
Condolesences, thoughts, and prayers for the fallen officer, family, and
friends. Sometimes the hazards of the job out weigh the benefits; but
I always enjoyed "Protecting & Serving" the public. Here at Christmas
its especially tragic, as he leaves behind many love ones to mourn.
May GOD speed to him, and bless his family~!

Spreadfire Arms
December 25, 2006, 12:01 AM
i saw that on the front page of the SF Chronicle/Examiner today as i left the Bay Area on a flight back to Texas. very sad.

it appears he was chasing down some sort of fugitive or escapee who was armed.

and the people scratch their heads thinking, "i thought all guns were outlawed in San Francisco?"

Hipster
December 25, 2006, 04:01 AM
My prayers go out to the family of Officer Tuvera.

And to his killer, Marlon Ruff, I say R.I.P. - Rot In Pieces.

SAG0282
December 25, 2006, 04:59 AM
RIP Ofc. Tuvera.

Dr. Dickie
December 25, 2006, 05:00 AM
Damn, that is a shame.
Even in death, he DID get another dangerous criminal off the street.

Mannlicher
December 25, 2006, 08:25 AM
Sometimes we tend to forget what a tough job being a cop is. We mostly think of cops when we look in the rear view mirror and see one behind us.
Best wishes for his family, and his fellow officers.

stevelyn
December 25, 2006, 09:23 AM
:(

Huddog
December 25, 2006, 09:25 AM
Condolences to the family and friends.

doubleg
December 25, 2006, 09:25 AM
:( RIP Officer Tuvera

Gbro
December 25, 2006, 09:34 AM
I wonder if smeone made a mistake putting Ruff in a minimum security joint? Too many suffer from plea-barganing.

For the officers mother;
Yes we do care. When someone lays down his life in the line of duty we all grieve. What kind of people would we be if we didn't?
May the Lord be with officer Tuvera, and his familey

Gbro

FLCLIFF
December 25, 2006, 01:45 PM
Sad. Very sad. It especially irks me that he died protecting a city that is so hostile to its own police and legitimate gun owners.

1911Tuner
December 25, 2006, 02:37 PM
...Has one flying out of formation this Christmas Day. Prayers for him and for his family. Let us not use this tragedy as an opportunity to make a political statement. That's the way our foes behave, and I don't wish to be on their level.

Godspeed good and faithful servant.

sfhogman
December 25, 2006, 09:50 PM
It happened in my neighborhood. While I was sleeping a young officer was dying while performing his duty. We have lost a good, decent man who died while running toward and not away from danger. As a police officer, he didn't allow himself that luxury. He was only 28 years old.

I pray God eases his family's hearts tonight.

Jeff

Pumpkinheaver
December 25, 2006, 09:57 PM
My condolences to the family and friends of the officer in question.

At least justice was served and no waste of taxpayers dollars to house the scumbag that did it.

If you enjoyed reading about "SFPD Officer loses life on Christmas Eve" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!