Help me from the 1911 9mm

PDA

earplug
December 25, 2006, 01:15 AM
I own and shoot J frames, K frames and N frames in 38 357 and 44.
I have shot and enjoy shooting 625's
I have been exposed to a cheap shooting little hussy Combat Commander (steel) in 9 MM. Its just so exciting to toss brass on the floor and forget about them.
Can I be saved from this little beast and would a 4" 625 keep me from stacking rounds in my grip frame.
Can happiness be found in loading and demooning full moons

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me from the 1911 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lloyd Smale
December 25, 2006, 06:56 AM
your talking a couple of my favorite guns. A 9mm 1911 is just a hoot to shoot and brass is cheap enough that if you miss some when you pick it up its not worth bending over for the second time. 45acp moon clip guns along with 10mm and .40 sw moon clip guns are a ball to shoot too. What i do is load up about a hundred clips before i go out and then just unload them when i get back home.

JoeHatley
December 25, 2006, 04:31 PM

Works for me. I have several (7?) moonclipped N frames in .45 acp. I enjoy shooting the .45 acp, but really dislike spending my expensive range time picking up brass, and I'm too cheap to just let it lay.

http://www.iowatelecom.net/~hatley/325pd_t.jpg

I do the same as Lloyd, and pre-load a few boxes, usually 6 boxes per hour, of ammo in the moonclips before going to the range.

Fun-o-plenty... ;)

Joe

MCgunner
December 25, 2006, 05:07 PM
Nice airlite!

Can I be saved from this little beast and would a 4" 625 keep me from stacking rounds in my grip frame.

No, you must be tacticool. You cannot use a revolver in a modern gunfight without being killed by superior firepower. You must know this. It is not possible to defend yourself with a revolver. Besides, one of God's son's designed the 1911 with divine intervention, I'm told, by the disciples of the reverend Cooper. So, revolvers are totally obsolete. A nearly 100 year old gun design is the latest and greatest. Forsake the revolver and be happy. :scrutiny:

littledoc
December 25, 2006, 06:44 PM
Hey, it's not the 1911 guys who claim the revolver is obsolete. It's the same guys who claim a standard 1911 is unreliable.

10-Ring
December 25, 2006, 07:04 PM
Variety is the spice of life...if you have ID'd a gun to fill a need, fill it ;) & enjoy it! :D 9mm 1911s are cool :cool:

earplug
December 25, 2006, 11:05 PM
If I get the out of print Commander, I can buy a 625 later.
This will keep my two older M29's 4" and 6 1/2" from getting worn out.
I'm doing it, not because I really like the 9mm, its just to save my S&W from harm!

MrDig
December 26, 2006, 11:31 AM
Variety being the spice of life it would be more sinful to exclude a particular type of firearm from your repretiore and or collection.

Jim Watson
December 26, 2006, 11:43 AM
Man is not the rational animal, he is the rationalizing animal.

If you can justify it, and it sounds like you have, get it.
Take care of it and if you lose interest it will hold its value well.

doubleg
December 26, 2006, 12:08 PM
I love revolvers but I have yet to find one with a trigger I can stand.

Jim Watson
December 26, 2006, 12:11 PM
You don't "stand" a revolver trigger, you learn a revolver trigger.
Maybe a little gunsmithing or a lot of dryfiring to smooth it up, then study and practice will have you shooting well in DA... after a while.

cherryriver
December 26, 2006, 05:39 PM
I just got home with my first 9mm 1911, an older blue steel Combat Commander. It goes along nicely with my very first gun from 35 years ago, a Combat Commander in .45 that I bought on my 21st birthday, and which has spent every night under the figurative pillow since. It makes the fourth or fifth Commander I have. (Who's counting?)
I stopped at the indoor range to pop off a hundred fifty quick ones, including fifty of a nice subsonic 147gr Berry's RNTMJ load I did up last night.
I think I broke my face smiling. Ow!
Bill

absolute0
December 26, 2006, 09:07 PM
A 9mm Colt Government or Commander model is on my short list. Now if only I can find a good one at a price that wont break the bank :eek:

Sunray
December 26, 2006, 11:27 PM
"...forget about them..." Be sure to clean up your mess, then depending on the ammo, save 'em for reloading.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me from the 1911 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!