The Yugo AK clone, M70B1

PDA

tbeb
December 26, 2006, 11:02 AM
Does anyone have one of these? I have two questions.

A member over at another gun forum told me they have a longer stock. 1. If so, then does it increase the length of pull enough so it fits most shooters better than the normal Ak stock (which is kind of short)? Looks like the model 70B-1 sells for approximately $500. 2. In your opinion is this as good as it gets for the money, or are there better choices?

If you enjoyed reading about "The Yugo AK clone, M70B1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Moondancer
December 27, 2006, 12:40 AM
I can't speak for the Yugo as I've never had one, but for $500 I don't think you can go wrong with a Vector. Fixed stock, sidefolder, underfolder all with either polymer or wood. Build quality seems to be right up there. A lot of people don't like the finish, but it's a non-issue to me.

Cruise over to AR15.com and click into the AK Forums. You'll find lots of good information on the various brands. Be advised, it's an addiction, though. I started with an Underfolder (Vector) a couple years ago and had to get another one this past October.

Surat
December 27, 2006, 01:07 PM
I have one of the century made Yugo underfolders. Stock is kinda wretched really. Impossible to get a decent cheeck to stock weld. Rifle is parkerized "all over" including the sights which I think were and should have been left in the white. Metal stock gets really really hot in the summer out on the range under the NC sun. Face melting hot. Sling like all AK slings is useful for carrying but not much for shooting.

Reciever is of a heavier type. Friend who got back from Iraq says it "looks and feels more sturdy" then the ones that were issued to the Iraqi Police that he had shot when training them. Reliable as all heck, even when I cleaned out the ammo box and shot chineese softpoints, russian "hollowpoints", several differat unknown makes of ball in the same magazine. Sights have flip up night sight in front with tritium vial, rear has tritium vials. H3 is dead but maybe someday I can get them replaced. . . Trigger is decent for an Ak type. Gritty but managable.

If I get another AK type, it's going to be a fixed stock. Folder is fun, has nice cool factor, and is well made, but a fixed stock would shoot better IMHO. Just my $.02

If you enjoyed reading about "The Yugo AK clone, M70B1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!