K-31 question

PDA

sctman800
December 26, 2006, 01:22 PM
Just got my first K-31 today after cleaning it I have found something courious. When the last round is cycled out and the magazine is empty the follower seems to act as a bolt hold open and the bolt will not closr when empty unless the rear of the follower is pushed down. I have been reading up on this rifle and have not seen this mentioned, but I guess it is probably ok. I think I will go out and shoot it now. Jim.

If you enjoyed reading about "K-31 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
alamo
December 26, 2006, 01:29 PM
That's normal.

jd46561
December 26, 2006, 01:34 PM
Alot of rifles do that, its so the soldier in the heat of battle knows his rifle is empty before taking aim at another target , and getting the suprise of his life, or death, depending how you look at it.

Boxerrider
December 26, 2006, 01:39 PM
Yep, the bolt stays back so you can put a clip in the top and push six more cartridges into the magazine.
Did I get all of that "Just Right"?

Enjoy!

270Win
December 26, 2006, 09:23 PM
If it does that, you know the rifle is working correctly. So have no fear... it's a good and proper thing.

sctman800
December 26, 2006, 09:59 PM
Glad to hear that it is supposed to work like that, I guessed it was, just wanted to be sure. Like they say "the only stupid question is the one you didnt ask."
It is a really great gun, had a good time today with it and a M-N 91/30 and a couple handguns. The only down side was when I decided to watch the bolt action as I ejected a case and it got me in the nose. No big deal, it bled a little and my buddy got a good laugh over it. Jim.

Niner
December 27, 2006, 02:03 AM
Take the buttplate off and see if there is a slip of paper under it with a name and address....no kidding.:)

sctman800
December 27, 2006, 04:56 PM
Take the buttplate off and see if there is a slip of paper under it with a name and address....no kidding.

Checked that out first thing and nothing there. I am really happy with it clean and all matching numbers. Jim.

If you enjoyed reading about "K-31 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!