Got Trijicons!

PDA

blood_donor
December 26, 2006, 09:34 PM
Santa Claus brought me a set of Trijicon night sights for my 1911. Man, are these things bright! I swear, you can see them glowing in any indoor shadow.

Here is an actual photo (slightly retouched) which simulates what they look like in pitch dark:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j130/blood_donor/Trijicon_night_sights.jpg

The photo was taken with my Sony digicam pointed at the front sight, no flash, and then I turned up the contrast a little in photoshop.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got Trijicons!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joesolo
December 26, 2006, 10:15 PM
Cool. I have a Glock usually on my bedside table at night. I like seeing those three little green dots staring back at me if/when I stir during the night.

Joe

DoubleTapDrew
December 27, 2006, 12:26 AM
Awesome! I need to get some night sights for mine. Not sure if I should get Meprolight or Trijicon. Are those hard to install, or did a 'smith do it?

blood_donor
December 27, 2006, 09:53 PM
I was told that Kimber dovetails are quite tight, so I paid my local gunsmith $40 to do the swap.

DoubleTapDrew
December 27, 2006, 10:00 PM
That's not too bad. I think Glock sights are just drifted in but I'd be worried about hurting something (even moreso on a Kimber!). I should get a sight press tool.
Santa Claus must understand 80% of shootings happen at night! :D

10-Ring
December 27, 2006, 10:21 PM
I really like the Trijicons, they seem to be very clear and they last quite a long time!

MacPelto
December 27, 2006, 10:22 PM
If you buy the sights at a gunstore with a 'smith, they'll usually put them in for free. I have both meps and trijicons. I have more trijicons, but I actually think that meps are brighter.

Mac

If you enjoyed reading about "Got Trijicons!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!