Jimmy Stewart movie Firecreek

PDA

T J
December 27, 2006, 12:41 PM
I got some old movies for Christmas, among them Firecreek with Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda. In the movie Jimmy Stewart uses a revolver that has me scratching my head as to what it is. At first glance it appears to be a SAA Colt type including the ejector rod on the bbl but it is a double action (Lightning / Thunderer?), but the kicker for me is it has a swing out cylinder. I'm stumped as to what double action has a swing out cylinder and an ejector rod on the bbl (if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing). Any ideas?

If you enjoyed reading about "Jimmy Stewart movie Firecreek" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kjeff50cal
December 27, 2006, 12:59 PM
Many good, bad and ugly:p Hollyweird 'Oaters' used Colt Officers/ Official Police models with Colt model P ejector housings grafted on them because there were few original Peacemakers around. Usually the main characters had real Model Ps and the extras/bad guys had the "prop guns".

If you enjoyed reading about "Jimmy Stewart movie Firecreek" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!