OW my heart and wallet hurt!

PDA

trickyasafox
December 27, 2006, 04:10 PM
I just did my first online order for ammo from aim surplus for some 7.62x54. MY *insert diety of choice* is the shipping ridiculous! i still saved way more than enough to make ordering worth it, but i about threw up when i heard shipping cost was an additional 30% of my order total.

Darn you aim for not being located within driving distance!

If you enjoyed reading about "OW my heart and wallet hurt!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
December 27, 2006, 04:54 PM
Instead of shipping fees.

-Steve

S.P.E.C.T.R.E.
December 27, 2006, 04:59 PM
Ammo is heavy and expensive to ship. I'm amazed they don't charge more.

DoubleTapDrew
December 27, 2006, 08:44 PM
Cases of ammo are heavy! Shipping prices do suck.
It's worth it when the brown truck of happiness pulls up and starts unloading boxes with those ORMD-Cartiridges, Small Arms (I think that translates to "steal me") stickers on them.

trickyasafox
December 28, 2006, 02:11 AM
jackofalltrades-

oh im an avid reloader. taking the plunge into casting as well. eventually i'll knuckle up and buy 1-2 hundred 7.62x54r cases, but thats 60 bucks. in the mean time, i can splurge and spoil myself with a bit of surplus :)

aaronrkelly
December 28, 2006, 04:47 AM
What did they jack you for shipping.

Last week I bought some 7.62x54r from SOG.

They were 300 round cases for $27

Shipping was another $6 per case

For a shipped total of $33 per case.....might have actually been $34 now that i think about it.

Shipping is killer....I always call around and get SHIPPED prices before I go ahead with an order....especially if its a large one.

trickyasafox
December 28, 2006, 11:45 AM
40 bucks for shipping.

i ordered 1600 rounds, two cases of czech.

If you enjoyed reading about "OW my heart and wallet hurt!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!