Who Makes the Best AR15 Upper???

PDA

DogBonz
December 27, 2006, 08:48 PM
My friend at work, who is not too computer savy, wanys to buy a 16 or 18 inch M4 or A3 style upper for his Bushmaster Varmenteer Lower to give himself a cheaper new carbine. He now has the 24" 223 bushy upper. I recomended the DPMS SST 16" upper with the Teflon coating, but he wants unbiased opinions. It will be for fun and SHTF type stuff, but nothing important. So, who makes the best complete upper for under $650, and why?

P.S. We live in NJ, so no cool muzzle brakes or flash hiders.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who Makes the Best AR15 Upper???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
December 27, 2006, 09:25 PM
I have a thing for matching halves...so, I'd go w/ a Bushy Dissipator upper ;) That would make for a nice 16" rifle :cool:

trbon8r
December 28, 2006, 12:21 AM
I like Stag Arms parts. Their parent company CMT makes parts for Colt as well as other AR makers so that must say something about their quality. You could pay more for similar quality, but you don't have to.

You just have to get over the dumb deer logo on the receiver, as well as the company name "Stag", which reminds me of my broke college days of eating bad canned chili.

CDignition
December 28, 2006, 01:17 AM
Lewis Machine and tool, bar none...

http://www.lewismachine.net/

Onmilo
December 28, 2006, 09:50 AM
Having seen the operation I am going to second Lewis Machine and Tool.
Precision does not begin to express what these guys are capable of doing.

DogBonz
December 28, 2006, 09:51 AM
Lewis MachineÖ Ah yes, we didnít even think about them. I know that their small parts and accessories are top notch parts, but I didnít know that they made complete uppers. Thanks for the heads up.

Now, does anyone have a complete upper form Lewis? If so what do you like / dislike about it? How does it compare to the others?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Who Makes the Best AR15 Upper???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!