Mounting a Rockchucker

PDA

bobhead
December 28, 2006, 12:19 AM
I just got a Hornady L-N-L AP and I have to remount my single stage. It's an old RCBS Jr. At some point, I plan to get a Rockchucker to replace it. Before I drill holes for this JR, I was wondering if anyone can tell me the hole spacing for a Rockchucker. Both have slots for the mounting bolts so I might be able to reuse the same holes.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mounting a Rockchucker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
maynard93
December 28, 2006, 12:43 AM
My bolts are 3.575 center to center on my RC with a little room on either side.

JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
December 28, 2006, 01:18 AM
I have had both the Jr and the RC at one time or another. If I remember right, the holes line up. But one of them has three? holes? The other only 2?

-Steve

bobhead
December 28, 2006, 01:41 AM
3.575 would be at the outer edges of my JR but should work. Thanks.

dmftoy1
December 28, 2006, 08:21 AM
I just upgraded my JR to a Rockchucker a couple of months ago and I had to drill another hole. (this is keeping both in nice an tight)

Gotta love reloading equipment . . . if you buy used and reload on it for awhile you can pretty much sell it for what you bought it for.

Have a good one,
Dave

flutedchamber
December 28, 2006, 11:59 PM
Dave,

I wish I could have done that with my ex wife.....:cuss:

dmftoy1
December 29, 2006, 07:41 AM
LOL . . . .Yup!

Hutch
December 29, 2006, 04:17 PM
I've had a Junior for 25+ years, and have loaded calibers up to .375H&H Mag. Never felt the need for an upgrade. I have added a Dillon XL650, but I'll be hanging on to Junior for the forseeable (sp?) future. You gonna load .50BMG or something?

BigJakeJ1s
December 31, 2006, 12:43 AM
Fluted,

Which one was that: upgrading, or selling the old one for what you bought it for?!

Andy

If you enjoyed reading about "Mounting a Rockchucker" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!