Wait or buy?

PDA

Boats
May 27, 2003, 08:14 PM
I am thinking of getting an AK-103 from arsenal-usa. Question is, besides is there a better AK variant in the $600-800 range, is why should I buy a post-ban when odds are that I will be able to buy the equivalent of a pre-ban by waiting?

Also, if my wait and see attitude for a rifle I want rather than need is not uncommon, do you think the price of postbans is going to fall over the next year as the death of the ban gets more and more real?

http://ak-103.com/pics/ak103klarge.jpg

I do like it alot.:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Wait or buy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
762x51
May 28, 2003, 10:17 AM
Which are you getting? An Arsenal gun or an AK-USA gun? You say Arsenal but that pic is one of Chris's AK-103K's. :confused:

Also....Arsenal USA (Global Trades) does not make a AK-103 type gun. Arsenal Inc. does called the SAM-7 built on a milled reciever.

I will wholeheartedly recommend the AK-USA gun. I have a SAR that Chris fixed up for me and his work is top notch. He is doing a .223 Saiga conversion for me as well.

Boats
May 28, 2003, 10:34 AM
Sorry, misspoke. I am looking at both the AK-103 or a SAM-7-S so I am getting the names horribly confused. Buying a "good" AK is not nearly as easy as buying a Garand was.:confused:

762x51
May 28, 2003, 03:10 PM
Sure it is. Get either one and be confident. :) They are both fantastic guns. I prefer the AK-USA gun for looks, authenticity, and because the guy who builds them is a great guy to deal with. Also....the muzzlebrake on the SAM-7 is a bit funky looking. I much prefer a AK-74 style brake.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wait or buy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!