RUGER MINI 14 GB

PDA

oughtsix
December 28, 2006, 04:39 PM
I was at Gander Mountain, in Huntsville, AL.

I saw two Ruger Mini 14 GB's. Both used. One was $669 and the other with a folding wire stock was $999. If I remember correctly.

Could you good people, enlighten, this poor soul's knowledge of such a beast?? I have Googled it and it seems to be a LEO type firearm?????? Is this correct??????? Apparently, they are now or have been available to the general public!!!!!!

Are they the same as a AC 5.56 and if not, what the heck is an AC 5.56???

Any and all comments or information is much appreciated and thanks so much!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "RUGER MINI 14 GB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LBTRS
December 28, 2006, 04:42 PM
Wow, I had no idea Mini 14's went for this kind of money. I have one I may need to unload if I can get that kind of money for it.

Edited to add: I now see this is a special model which I'm unfamiliar with.

El Tejon
December 28, 2006, 04:43 PM
1. GB=government barrel. Billy Boy sold his Mini-14 to paramilitrees and LEAs around the world in this config.

2. The AC556 was a select fire version of the Mini-14 and thus subject to Title II of the SSA.

Dave Markowitz
December 28, 2006, 04:51 PM
In addition to what ET said, the older GBs have a bayonet lug on the bottom of the front sight. The standard M-16 bayonet fits.

Those prices sound way high. I bought a stainless 186-series Mini-14 GB in excellent shape yesterday for $475. The same dealer had a stainless GB in the factory folder for around $650 when I was there a few weeks ago.

oughtsix
December 28, 2006, 05:35 PM
these had a bayonet mount on bottom of sight.

RCR29
December 28, 2006, 09:39 PM
Those prices would have been fair.....in 1999.

smince
December 29, 2006, 09:26 AM
Hey, its GANDER MTN. Not a regular dealer. You know, buy low, sell high (as in full retail:D ).

I saw the same guns there last week myself. They also had a SOCOM marked as a Springfield Scout Rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "RUGER MINI 14 GB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!