A Helwan 9mm (Early Berretta?)

PDA

Whiteymin
December 28, 2006, 08:47 PM
I saw one of these today for the first time. I had them to hold it for me. I plan on going back tomorrow and getting it. Can you tell me anything about these handguns? How long is barrel? How do the function? Durable, Reliable ? Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "A Helwan 9mm (Early Berretta?)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jonnyc
December 28, 2006, 09:11 PM
Do a search here and on other gun sites, Helwans are discussed frequently. They are a crappy copy of the M951 Beretta.

Litlman
December 28, 2006, 09:33 PM
They are Egyptian, used by their Military at some time. Hit and miss on function. Poor quality control. I have one that is good for a plinker. Never any probs. But some guys are unhappy with them. 4 inch barel, single stack mag, small sites. I paid $ 150 in 1989 for mine NIB. My first 9 mm. A little more money could get you a used S&W or a Ruger. There was a review done here by a member a while back . Do a search.

DMK
December 28, 2006, 11:53 PM
A Taurus PT92 might be a better choice for a Beretta 92 copy.

AirPower
December 29, 2006, 01:40 AM
get it for a historical piece, but it's not a good handgun even though it's a copy of a good design. Reports are the steel wasn't good and the gun parts eventually get beat up by modern 9mm loads.

RON in PA
December 29, 2006, 04:31 AM
Drek

fugi
December 29, 2006, 04:58 AM
it's not bad, but for the same price a Star mod. B is nicer.

If you enjoyed reading about "A Helwan 9mm (Early Berretta?)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!