Ordering M-1 Garand

PDA

wanderinwalker
December 28, 2006, 10:17 PM
This is it, I've finally decided my next firearms purchase. I'm going to order one of the Greek-issue Field Grade M-1s from CMP next payday. I've been playing around with picking one up, and the kicker is the long list of "Sold Out, Not Accepting Orders" on the CMP page. So I'll have to eat Ramen for a couple of weeks. Worth it! ;)

What kind of condition are the Greeks coming through in? I'm not overly worried about cosmetic defects, and I plan to keep the rifle long enough it will more than likely get a new barrel and stock set. Odds are good if given a couple of years it will be turned into one nice JC Garand Match rifle. :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Ordering M-1 Garand" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
garanddaddy
December 28, 2006, 11:23 PM
Got my Greek FG three weeks ago an am a happy camper don't think you can go wrong. Check out the CMP forum Just don't wait to long. 44 receiver and 45 barrel all parts match. Wood is rough but OK will probably buy new stock in the future. Hope this helps

If you enjoyed reading about "Ordering M-1 Garand" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!