Where can I buy an SKS in Phoenix,AZ?

PDA

buenhec
December 29, 2006, 11:58 PM
Anyone know of a dealer around Phoenix that sells the SKS at a good price? I am looking at the ones on www.southernohiogun.com and they are a good deal at around 100 bucks. Which model is the better one, how may models are there?

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I buy an SKS in Phoenix,AZ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hacker15E
December 30, 2006, 01:45 AM
There are many different makeres of SKSs, but most of them that are on the market currently are Yuglslavian made, called a Zastava 59/66. This is a minor variation on the SKS which added a grenade launcher and a little gas tube valve that allowed for shooting the grenades with a special blank cartridge.

The two biggest complaints with the surplus Yugos is that the barrels are not chrome-lined and the gas system valve. Both items suffered during their military service with the use of corrosive ammo and the lack of regular cleaning. The barrel that you get on a $100 Yugo might be pitted, or it might have trouble cycling properly because of the gas system.

The reality is, though, that the 59/66 is a great deal right now, and the supply is drying up. If you get one that has a bum gas system, there are many easy fixes for it, and even a pitted barrel will more than likely be a great shooter.

Don't hesitate to snap one up...and you'll love it!

C-grunt
December 30, 2006, 01:55 AM
Bear Arms in Scottsdale, Scottsdale Rd and Shea I think. I dont know their prices though.

JTW Jr.
December 30, 2006, 04:15 AM
J & G in Prescott, and get a smokin deal on ammo while you are there.

Outlaws
December 30, 2006, 05:45 AM
A week or two ago Bear Arms had a lot of them. $220 if I recall. Unissued.

mrrick
December 30, 2006, 07:55 AM
J & G in Prescott, Miller Road opposite the big feed store.

One of my "must go" gunshops when on leave in the States.

glimmerman
December 30, 2006, 11:57 AM
Try the outdoorsman on cave creek just north of dunlap, see Floyde he's the owner. If he doesnt have 1 there i'm sure he would order you one.

armoredman
December 30, 2006, 12:05 PM
Ditto on J&G Sales, great shop, great people, have dealt with them more than once, will do so again!

December 30, 2006, 04:46 PM
Check the for sale ads on here www.arizonashooting.com

buenhec
February 4, 2007, 05:58 PM
Yep, got at JG sales. $115 plus tax.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where can I buy an SKS in Phoenix,AZ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!