First Range Trip In SEVEN Months!

PDA

Hardtarget
December 29, 2006, 11:41 PM
I couldn't believe things came together and I made it! Something always interferes.
I took pistols and rifles...and got them all dirty. :D Got my hands dirty too...and made lots of noise and shot lots of holes in the targets.( sound like a kid, don't I?)
The club has 200 yd max with target stands at 100 yd, 50 yd, and moveable, wooden stands for as close as you need. Today I had the range to myself, but, I could tell another shooter had ben there a short time earlier.
Today, for the first time, I decided to shoot my Win .30-30 at a 200 yd target. While very few would be happy with my group , I was very surprised. I was out of time...almost sundown. I only fired three shots. Eight inch group with two on the green 8" center. Third was out a little. This is only the second time I've shot this gun with peep sights. I couldn't keep inside 13" at 100 yds with the factory iron sights.
I'm 56 and my vision has been getting worse so this is a real turn around for me.
Thing is...I had fun today. Even shot the pistols better, too! If you haven't to the range in a while...GO! You'll have a great time I bet.
Mark.

If you enjoyed reading about "First Range Trip In SEVEN Months!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DWARREN123
December 30, 2006, 05:31 AM
Seven months, were you in a coma? Get to the range more often it relieves stress.
Good feeling ain't it?

Dr. Dickie
December 30, 2006, 05:43 AM
Good to hear ya got out there Hardtarget!
You just missed the deadline. At 8 months, you get classified as a rookie all over again. Or was that 8 days:evil:

Hardtarget
December 30, 2006, 07:08 PM
Yes...things were getting kind of wierd there for a while. If I hadn't managed a deer hunt and three days in the duck blind...I'd have been over the edge!
I'm feeling much better now. :D
We have a few more range trips already planned to make sure everything stays on par.
Mark.

Lupinus
December 30, 2006, 07:10 PM
I dont get to the range nearly enough anymore.

Used to eb a weekly thing for me but not these days :(

If you enjoyed reading about "First Range Trip In SEVEN Months!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!