LeverEvolution elastomer: does it take a set?

PDA

Richard.Howe
December 30, 2006, 09:53 AM
LeverEvolution elastomer: does it take a set?

Just a question -- I was going to try out some of these, but started to wonder -- 1) will the nose elastomer take a set after being in the tube for extended periods? 2) Also, does anyone have experience with the rubber in very cold weather? If it is pliable in warm conditions, then loaded, then taken outside where it's cold, can the nose retain its loaded-condition deformity when it's fired?

I'm thinking that these two conditions might reduce the ballistic effectiveness -- which is the primary reason for buying the ammo in the first place.

Simply musings, discuss amongnst yusselfs. :D

Rich

If you enjoyed reading about "LeverEvolution elastomer: does it take a set?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Antihero
December 30, 2006, 01:51 PM
According to the box of 30-30 LeverEvolution i bought it says not to keep it in a tube mag for to long or the nose will deform.

If you enjoyed reading about "LeverEvolution elastomer: does it take a set?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!