What do you think...M1 Garand

PDA

eclancy
December 30, 2006, 12:57 PM
Gentlemen,
Some fun this time around. In the first pic look at it and see what you think is there. You might find the answer before going on to the second pic. There you have more to study. Have fun with this one.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/eclancy/1230.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/eclancy/1230a.jpg

We hope all of you have a:

VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR !!!

THE VERY BEST TO YOU AND YOURS !!!
Thanks again
Clancy

If you enjoyed reading about "What do you think...M1 Garand" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Onmilo
December 30, 2006, 01:48 PM
03 Springfield

Ian Sean
December 30, 2006, 01:58 PM
That's what I saw, an 03, it might be just me but does the front of the Garand (gas cylinder) looks a little strange, without doing any research I'll say gas trap Garand? ...though in the first pic I had to get close to the screen and my wife is giving me weird looks.:D

Clancy, wish you and yours all the best in the new year also...and keep the trivia and info coming!:)

Wes Janson
January 1, 2007, 02:42 AM
Is it a gas-trap on the right?

Mr White
January 1, 2007, 12:54 PM
03 Springfield on the left. Gas trap Garand on the right.

Badger Arms
January 1, 2007, 02:21 PM
GAH. You guys beat me to it. KEWL.

DMK
January 1, 2007, 10:54 PM
Now, where are they? :D

Sunray
January 1, 2007, 11:34 PM
It's a standard M-1. The gas trap was tried and rejected because it didn't work well.

DMK
January 1, 2007, 11:41 PM
It's a standard M-1. The gas trap was tried and rejected because it didn't work well.How do you know this isn't a pic of the tryin' and rejectin'?

Sunray
January 2, 2007, 12:04 AM
"...How do you know..." Because the gas trap was rejected long before the rifle was put into production. The Bang rifle attempted it too. The gas trap got dirty too fast.

eclancy
January 2, 2007, 11:19 AM
Gentlemen,
There where about 50,000 M1 Garands Gas Trap Rifles built by SA. The change over to the new gas system was the very late 1930's.
The Garand in this pic is a Gas Trap.
Thanks again
Clancy

Ian Sean
January 2, 2007, 07:13 PM
WooHoo! finally got one of Clancy's quizzes! :)

Starting the new year off right!:D

Gator
January 3, 2007, 07:39 AM
Because the gas trap was rejected long before the rifle was put into production.

As Ed mentioned there were ~50,000 gas traps produced. Gas trap Garands were issued to the troops and used in the Pacific theater until early in WWII.

If you enjoyed reading about "What do you think...M1 Garand" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!