Mini14, compared to Mini 30 ballistics

PDA

MISFIRE
December 31, 2006, 02:51 PM
I did try the search function ? I will be purchaseing a Mini and all along I was thinking Mini 14 because of 1) cost of ammo 2) accuracy, etc. etc. The Mini 30 is a 7.62x39 how does this round compare to the .223, any difference in functioning etc. cost and availability of ammo ?
Bill

If you enjoyed reading about "Mini14, compared to Mini 30 ballistics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BigFatKen
December 31, 2006, 03:14 PM
Due to the war, .223 is easier to find than 7.62x39 as some millionaires are buying 7.62 by the billion for jihad.

Bigfoot
December 31, 2006, 09:47 PM
5.56 is better for small game hunting, defence, and trajectory. Reliable high capacity mags are available.

7.62 is better for deer/hog hunting and is a bit cheaper to shoot. Reliable high capacity mags are NOT currently available although some people have gotten lucky with a good functioning mag here and there. C-Products is going to sell Mini-30 mags in 2007, they have a reputation for high quality so the problem may be solved soon.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mini14, compared to Mini 30 ballistics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!