AK-47

PDA

vince24L
December 31, 2006, 07:07 PM
about to buy my first assult rifle after i shot my buddys sks. i seen a few at my local dealer but what i was wondering is. are they hard to find where the pistol grip is also wooden like the other part? cuz i can never find ones that have the pistol grip is wood also. its usually plastic of some sort. another thing if i do find it. how much should i expect to pay, whats a good price. if i remember correctly the ones i saw were around 300..depending if it had a tri-pod or not or wooden or not n so on.

help me out here, id appreciate it. thanks rifle county ahead of time.

If you enjoyed reading about "AK-47" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DMK
December 31, 2006, 07:29 PM
Most of the cheaper ones have plastic pistol grips. In these AKs, it's also one of the 5 require U.S. made parts to keep it legal. You can swap it for a U.S. made wooden one though.

That's what I did on my SAR1. I bought just a walnut PG from Ironwood (http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1zAKproduct.html) and stained it all to match.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=41737&d=1151818701

CDignition
December 31, 2006, 07:55 PM
There ya go..blonde wood..:)

http://www.cdignition.com/images/Romanian%20AK%201.jpg

vince24L
December 31, 2006, 08:19 PM
i appreciate the help guys i didnt realise they sold wooden ones on internet i figured only cheapo plastic.

how much did you guys pay for your's and those are the pistol AK's right? how much do u expect me to pay for the full rifle ones?

RockyMtnTactical
December 31, 2006, 08:20 PM
CDignition,

That is a purty AK! :)

Bart Noir
December 31, 2006, 08:24 PM
Tripod?

Anybody got a pic of an AK47 with a tripod, please post same:D

Bart Noir

Glockfan.45
December 31, 2006, 08:31 PM
CDigntion nice underfolder :cool: . Color me jealous none of mine look like that.........yet.

DMK
December 31, 2006, 08:32 PM
Not pistols. Mine's a side folder, CDignition's is an underfolder.

My SAR1 was right about $300. SAR1s are very hard to find anymore, but WASRs are pretty much the same and should go for around the same price. CDignition's beauty is a bit of a step up in quality and price. I believe it's an Arsenal SAS M7 IIRC.

vince24L
December 31, 2006, 08:33 PM
this bottom AK in the picture attached is exactly what im looking for..

blackbearstratton@hotmail.com
December 31, 2006, 08:36 PM
I highly recomend the ak I have owned mine for 9 months now picked it up
at a local sporting goods chain for about 329.00 Romanian type assembled georgia ,Vermont. I have never owned a rifle that worked so well required so little maintenence and shot amazingly right from the first shot. I have noticed much improvement in grouping when not
using the wolf ammo the cheap regular stuff I have yet to try the mil spec classic I hear thats ok but I have had really good results with the winchester
7.62X39 that sells in value packs from the local wally world. I have yet to try adjusting the sights much. I got one after my brother in law got hooked on shooting again after I took him to the range this last march. I have several different rifles and the ak is the best of it's type I have purchased .
I have a real interest in milsurplus guns. Goodluck I will say for the money you can't find anything that will touch it. I don't know about you but hard to look at the wife and say hey honey you don't mind if I blow 800.00 to 2,000.00 on an ar 15 that's ok is'nt it :D

DMK
December 31, 2006, 08:37 PM
this bottom AK in the picture attached is exactly what im looking for..

http://www.arsenalinc.com/sam7classic.htm

Unfortunately limited production. However, swapping plastic furniture for wood is easy.

vince24L
December 31, 2006, 09:45 PM
DMK that link to it its "OUT OF STOCK" and ''DISCONTINUED''

haha..and i wanted a darker wood than that blonde although thats nice.

CDignition
December 31, 2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks Guys..:) it is built from a Romanian parts kit, by JDtactical out of Florida..:) I have a Yugo M95 in .223 also..:)

vince24L
January 1, 2007, 07:00 PM
what kind of ak is that in the picture i attached above.. i hate when i see ak's that have a wooden pistol grip that dont match the rest of the wood.
if u know what kind this is lemme know pleaseee.. or any other info.

vince24L
January 1, 2007, 07:04 PM
nevermind..turns out thats an airsoft gun haha..

but seriously how come the wood is always different on pistol grip than the wood on the rest of the gun that bothers me. i mean its better than plastic but still, why?

DMK
January 1, 2007, 08:56 PM
but seriously how come the wood is always different on pistol grip than the wood on the rest of the gun that bothers me. i mean its better than plastic but still, why?Seriously, just buy an AK. Don't worry about what kind of furniture it has. You can swap the stock, handguards and pistol grips for a matched set.

It's like car shopping for a car that has to have Eagle GTs on it.

Kaylee
January 1, 2007, 09:24 PM
It's like car shopping for a car that has to have Eagle GTs on it.

Excellent analogy.

Vince -- it's ONE SCREW holding the grip on. If you can screw in a lightbulb, you can change the pistol grip.

And a wood pistol grip from Ironwood is like what.. $25?

If you can afford the AK, you can afford to ditch the dinky plastic grip and replace it with a wood one. If you want all matching wood it's a little spendier, but still not too terrible. And for what it's worth, the original commie guns (at least by the 70's) were an abortion to look at -- I've an underfolder straight from the Polish army that came (albeit in parts) with a plastic grip, plywood lower handguard, and "real" wood upper handguard. Nothing matching is just how they did it over there. They eventually just went with whatever was cheap I reckon.

..which is what happens when you let Commies run an economy. :)

AK103K
January 2, 2007, 09:48 AM
If your worried about the furniture matching, you can always go the other direction and get it all synthetic or paint it and dont worry about it. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p21e2cd55b287026d5f755df9cd721533/ec4ebf3e.jpg

Father Knows Best
January 2, 2007, 10:30 AM
CDignition, that is indeed one gorgeous AK. Nice work. And your sigline is friggin' hilarious. I just spit my coffee all over the keyboard. Thanks for that. :cuss:

Oh, and I'm with Black Bart and this comment:Anybody got a pic of an AK47 with a tripod, please post same
Yeah. I want to see a tripod-mounted AK, 'cause that would be ninjatastic! :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "AK-47" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!