my Mosin shoots better when its snowing!

PDA

Antihero
January 1, 2007, 07:08 PM
So when i first got my mosin it was snowing and it was shooting pretty good considering it was almost dark. Took it out again and was getting sub 2 inch groups at 50 yds with iron sights. I shot the next day when it was clear out and my groups sucked.

Then i went out to shoot today and it was snowing heavily and lo and behold my groups were under an inch and a half freehand.:scrutiny: :D

So should i only shoot my Mosin when its snowing out?:D Is it perhaps just more comfortable for my Mosin to see it snowing, or maybe it has fond memories that include snow?:D Does anyones else Mosin shoot best in the snow??????:scrutiny:

No this thread isnt really serious......

If you enjoyed reading about "my Mosin shoots better when its snowing!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArchAngelCD
January 1, 2007, 07:26 PM
HEY, it's a Russian gun, it likes the cold weather and snow. It makes it feel at home!! :p

Beetle Bailey
January 1, 2007, 07:58 PM
If there's a Nazi within a 500 meter radius and it's snowing, it becomes an MOA rifle!

For Finn rifles, if there is a Communist within 600 meters and it's snowing, it becomes 1/2 MOA! ;)

Antihero
January 1, 2007, 08:21 PM
If there's a Nazi within a 500 meter radius and it's snowing, it becomes an MOA rifle!

Hmm having a MOA Mosin would be cool. Does anyone know where i can pick up a Nazi? Not to shoot at, just to have in the 500 meter radius so my Mosin will shoot better.:D

Would a German Mauser also count as a Nazi??? 'Cause i could pick one up to help my mosin, or would i have to keep them seperated to prevent damage to either?:p

ArchAngelCD
January 1, 2007, 08:36 PM
You wouldn't want to put a German Mauser too close to a Mosin Nagant!!! If they started to argue you would get a headache with all the German and Russian being yelled back and forth. Worse yet, you never know what would happen if they liked each other, got together, then had a little carbine. Who knows how it would shoot being cross-bread and all!!! :eek:

MikeH
January 1, 2007, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know where i can pick up a Nazi?

There should be a few when the next gunshow is in town. :neener:

Deer Hunter
January 1, 2007, 08:43 PM
Mike you owe me a keyboard, pal....:neener:

mustanger98
January 1, 2007, 08:51 PM
If a Mosin Nagant shoots better because it snowed, I'd be in trouble owning one because we don't get near as much snow down here.:uhoh:

Here's another issue to interject... I've been wondering, suppose a Russian woman came over here wanting to marry me... not that one is, but just suppose... all the rifles I have are American, German, and British... I wonder if she'd be all put out with me for not owning a Mosin Nagant.:rolleyes:

ohioarmedneutrality
January 1, 2007, 09:33 PM
Just to be on the safe side, maybe you should pick up a mosin, or an SKS, or an AK. Don't want to offend the lady do you? ;)

gezzer
January 1, 2007, 09:41 PM
Just spell somthing wrong a Nazi will be right along.:D

mustanger98
January 1, 2007, 09:52 PM
Just spell somthing wrong a Nazi will be right along.:D

Yeah, and the Nazi will probably refer us to John Kerry for spelling class.:barf:

Just to be on the safe side, maybe you should pick up a mosin, or an SKS, or an AK. Don't want to offend the lady do you?

If it were to happen, it'd be an excuse to buy a couple more guns.:cool: That's one thing about Russia... they got ugly guns and purty women. Is that irony or what?

MikeH
January 1, 2007, 11:05 PM
Here's another issue to interject... I've been wondering, suppose a Russian woman came over here wanting to marry me... not that one is, but just suppose... all the rifles I have are American, German, and British... I wonder if she'd be all put out with me for not owning a Mosin Nagant.

A Russian lady from the steppes with a sweet name like Olga will surely find your Mosin Nagant irresistible. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "my Mosin shoots better when its snowing!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!