Whats new this new year?

PDA

zinj
January 2, 2007, 04:17 PM
I have been reading the some of the new catalogs various manufacturers have put online for the new year. Not a lot of new stuff so far, but there are some twists on established models. My highlights so far:

Browning is making a target version of their straight pull T-Bolt rifle. They also are producing a take-down variant of the BLR, for all of the traditionalists who want high-intensity calibers.

Winchester is bringing a target model of the Russian-made Wildcat.

Remington is bringing out new versions of the 7615 pump .223. One of these looks to be competing with Ruger's Mini-14 (it is even called a "Ranch Carbine"), it has a walnut stock, 18.5" barrel and oddly enough no sights. There is also a camo version, except it has a 22" tube and is provided with irons.

Remington is also evidently reacting to all of the bad press towards the 710, as they now have the 770 which boasts a few improvements.

I really like the thinking behind the Ranch 7615, but I think it is kind of silly to not provide sights on it. Maybe they will realize their error and add some next year.

I think it is going to be a slow year for new stuff, but until the other catalouges come out I guess I will just have to wait.

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats new this new year?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
danurve
January 2, 2007, 08:51 PM
There is some chatter about the new Marlin .308 special.

Limited info on their press release but it is not a standard .308 oviously.

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats new this new year?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!