Anyone know anyhting about Winchester Model 250's?

PDA

RemingtonFreak870
January 2, 2007, 11:40 PM
I have had this one Winchester Model 250 my entire life, I was just wondering if these are known as good .22's or not. I like it and have killed numerous rabbits with it, even landed a Quail once with a head shot at quite a distance. I'm just wondering if these are anything special, Ive never seen one for sale or known anyone who owned one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone know anyhting about Winchester Model 250's?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vairochana
January 3, 2007, 03:49 AM
I had one briefly- it was quite accurate but had too many misfres for my taste- not sure if it was from abuse (dry firing) or the ammo brand-
I swapped it for a Remington model 12a and never looked back.
it was a nice little unit tho and despite the misfires quite accurate

JohnBT
January 3, 2007, 10:08 AM
I have no idea if they're good guns or not. They were doomed from the beginning because they were associated with whole pre-64/post-64 controversy over Winchester cost cutting and the 'reported' decline in quality.

My cousin got a lever action .22 mag (a Model 275?) when they came out and I didn't like it at all. Of course, I had a Marlin Mountie and the Winchester just couldn't compare. :)

The .22 rimfire rule of thumb: When you find one that works and shoots straight - keep it.

John

RemingtonFreak870
January 3, 2007, 10:13 AM
Come to think of it, it does misfire more than any of my other rimfires...I guess I never really thought about it, my Rugers NEVER misfire, whereas his one does occasionally. Oh well, I still like it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone know anyhting about Winchester Model 250's?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!